quizballs 97 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 97 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
This is a multiple choice quiz.
- Which 19th century poet and novelist, when age twenty-six, married his thirteen year old cousin: Victor Hugo; Edgar Allan Poe; or Oscar Wilde?
- The artist El Greco was born on which Greek island: Crete; Corfu; or Rhodes?
- Carpology is the study of what: Fish; Fruits and seeds; or Bones?
- The Gaillard Cut is part of which canal connecting the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans: Suez Canal; Panama Canal; or Welland Canal?
- You might see a Haka at a game of what: Polo; Rugby; or Ice hockey?
- Which US president is depicted on the Purple Heart medal: Abraham Lincoln; Theodore Roosevelt; or George Washington?
- John Fetterman, Mayor of Braddock, Pennsylvania, has what tattooed on the inside of his left forearm: His zipcode (postcode); His blood group; or The Lord's Prayer?
- With varieties including Gutedel in Germany, and Pierre Galet in Switzerland, Chasselas is a variety of which fruit: Raspberry; Grape; or Apple?
- Morbilli is the technical term for which childhood illness: Mumps; Whooping cough; or Measles?
- Native to Australia, what creature is a pardalote (which in Greek means 'spotted'): Fish; Bird; or Dog?
- Originating in early central American culture, where on the body would a huarache be worn: Foot; Head; or Arm?
- The world's largest electricity generating plant (as at 2010), the Three Gorges Dam, is in which country: Argentina; China; or Canada?
- Cryptozoology refers to the study of creatures which are: Underground; Dead; or Mythical?
- In the 1991 film Reservoir Dogs, Michael Madson played which character? Mr Blonde; Mr Orange; or Mr Brown?
- Ombrophobia is an irrational fear of what: Men; Rain; or Alcohol?
- Russian musician Maxim Vengerov is famous for playing which instrument: Piano; Flute; or Violin?
- Who wrote the play, Look Back In Anger: Arthur Miller; Tom Stoppard; or John Osborne?
- What job did Kurt Russell's character have in the 1987 film Overboard: Plumber; Carpenter; or Electrician?
- Chicago's St Valentine's Day Massacre (of seven Bugs Moran gang members by those of Al Capone) was in which year: 1919; 1929; or 1939?
- How many Grand Slam doubles (including mixed doubles) titles did Martina Navratilova win: 11; 21; or 41?
- Which chemical element was once used (with hindsight, irresponsibly and dangerously) in luminous markings on watches, clocks and instrument dials: Radium; Plutonium; or Uranium?
- Myosis affects which part of the human body: Neck; Stomach; or Eye?
- Leoprine relates to which animals: Leopards; Hares; or Goats;
- English novelist William Godwin fathered which novelist daughter: George Eliot; Mary Shelley; or Jane Austen?
- Which of these words produces a new word each time a letter is removed, until and including the last remaining letter: Startling; Roadsweeper; or Benchmarking?
- What is the biggest selling English-language daily newspaper in India, and (as at 2010) the eighth biggest selling of all newspapers globally: The Times of India; The Indian Sun; or The Indian Independent?
- Hangi is a traditional New Zealand Maori method of cooking using a: Spit; Pit; or Clay oven?
- What colour is the gemstone peridot: Blue; Yellow; or Green?
- 2009 was the Chinese Year of the what: Dragon; Ox; or Rat?
- Pilliwinks was a medieval instrument of torture used mainly on which part of the body: Fingers and thumbs; Feet; or Head?
quizballs 97 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes