quizballs 87 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 87 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What is the longest line of latitude on the Earth?
- Pisciculture is the breeding and rearing of what?
- In which US city is the 1974 film Towering Inferno set?
- Which artist is famous for painting at the Moulin Rouge?
- What long-necked instrument, now usually with four pairs of strings, originated in Greece and is still popularly associated with Greek music?
- Who was the first driver to be knighted for his services to motor sport?
- In global finance what does IMF stand for?
- The Davis Strait lies between Baffin Island and which country (also considered a dependency)?
- January King, Meteor, and Salarite are varieties of which vegetable?
- The city of Breda is in which European country?
- Sitophobia is the fear of what: bricks and rubble; telescopes; food; or settees and armchairs?
- Mount Elbrus (5,642 metres) is the highest mountain in which continent?
- What is the fastest running bird in the world: emu; roadrunner; ostrich; or the erect-crested penguin?
- Who became president of the USA in 1989?
- What type of creature is a copperhead?
- Nicholas Rowe's 1703 play The Fair Penitent originated what character, whose name has since referred to a seducer of women?
- Dresden china originated in which country?
- Brothers Harry, Samuel, Albert and Jack established which film company in 1923?
- In Greek mythology what are the goddesses or spirits which inspire the creation of literature and the arts?
- Coober Pedy, the largest opal mine in the world, is in which country?
- The suffix 'stan' in a country's name such as Afghanistan derives from what early Indo-European meaning: mountain; stand; flag; or goat?
- What is the name of the shallow circular transparent dish with a flat lid, used for the culture of micro-organisms?
- Mrs Maria Fitzherbert was the wife of which British monarch?
- Canada Day (previously Dominion Day) is celebrated on which date?
- Which is the only city to lie in two continents?
- Selhurst Park is the home ground of which English football club?
- What is the name of the substance obtained from the dried swim bladders of fish, used in brewing and winemaking?
- Which US state is known as the Sunflower State?
- The lahara, used in the liqueur Curacao, is an adaptation of which common fruit?
- Heliotherapy is the therapeutic use of what?
quizballs 87 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes