quizballs 83 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 83 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What figurative construction expression refers to an unfair barrier to career advancement, especially for females and minorities?
- Kentish Ale, Jersey Royal potatoes, Abroath smokies and Melton Mowbray pork pies are among foods having what special status?
- In 1791 George Hammond was appointed the first British envoy to which country?
- A grimoire is a book of what?
- The transport packaging international standard symbol of a solid black goblet means what?
- The UK's Inns of Court is made up of how many legal societies?
- What power station, the largest in Western Europe (as at 2010), is in North Yorkshire by the river Ouse between Selby and Goole?
- Pianist and composer Frederic Chopin was born in which country?
- Ophidiophobia is an abnormal fear of what creatures?
- What does IPO stand for in relation to company flotation?
- Who painted a self-portrait called Bandaged Ear and Pipe?
- What are the feathers on an arrow called?
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of which part of the human body?
- Who wrote the novel Ivanhoe?
- Who became leader of the British National Party in 1999?
- An isohyet or isohyetal line on a map connects two points having the same what?
- Lollo Rosso is a variety of which vegetable?
- What is the portmanteau word (a two-word combination) for a symbol of feeling, used in electronic messages?
- In which London park is the Albert Memorial?
- The city of Akron is in which US state?
- Kimchi is a traditional dish of which country?
- In Greek mythology how many labours did Hercules have to perform?
- The US Federal National Mortgage Association is known by what girl's name, which puns its initials?
- Born James Newell Osterberg, who performed Lust for Life, used notably in the Trainspotting soundtrack?
- Hyalite is a variety of which semi-precious gemstone?
- A hi-hat is part of which musical instrument?
- Who won the 2009 German Formula One Grand Prix?
- Who devised the Expectancy Theory of motivation?
- Domenikos Theotokopoulos is the real name of which painter and sculptor?
- Omophagy is the eating of what?
- Peter de la Mare was first to hold what office in the House of Commons?
- The acronym FMCG stands for what in relation to the retail industry?
- St Petersburg in Russia lies on which river?
- "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players," is from which Shakespeare play?
- Which car maker produces a model called the Veyron?
- Which team did Liverpool FC beat 10-0 in the League Cup 1986?
- What does a fromologist collect?
- Mysogyny and misandry are respectively the hatred of what?
- In squash or racquetball what is the shot played into a side or back wall before hitting the front wall?
- What traditional term from the late 1800s refers to the difference between a price paid for a company or business, and the actual (lower) 'book value' of its assets?
quizballs 83 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes