quizballs 82 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 82 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Columbus Day commemorating the discovery of America is celebrated in which month?
- In computing what does FTP stand for?
- Rock Hudson appeared with which singing star in the movies Send Me No Flowers and Pillow Talk?
- A Black or White what? refers to a company mounting respectively a hostile or a helpful takeover bid?
- Named after the Spanish city which first produced it, Cordovan is what kind of material?
- What is the term for a virtual barrier between two corporate departments, which often for legal reasons, must not share information? - Spanish fence; Chinese wall; Boston Barricade; or Bouquet of barbed wire.
- What is the title of the film in which Nicholas Cage and Holly Hunter play a childless couple who kidnap on of a set of quintuplets?
- What Latin warning phrase attempts to transfer risk to users or customers, meaning 'Buyer Beware'?
- In which year did US athlete Jesse Owens win four Olympic gold medals?
- Owain Gwynedd of Wales defeated which English King in battle?
- Televisions, hi-fi equipment and similar electronic domestic items are referred to as what colour goods?
- What was the Ed Sullivan Show originally called?
- A Colles fracture is in which part of the body?
- Who wrote the book The Woman in White?
- What word for a waterway refers to the distribution route by which a product or service reaches its customers?
- What was the name of the notoriously clumsy 17th century English (of Irish origin) hangman?
- In the stock market what are the three animal terms associated with these trading types? - a) buying newly issued shares hoping to sell quickly at a profit; b) believing share prices will fall; c) believing prices will rise.
- In Italian cooking what are small dumplings made from potato, semolina, or flour?
- What does a carminative drug relieve?
- What dairy term is used to describe turnover or loss of customers, usually expressed as an annual percentage? - butter; churn; cream; or cheese.
- In Greek mythology what is the name of the youth loved and accidentally killed by Apollo, and from whose blood Apollo caused a flower to grow?
- What gruesome animal behaviour term, refers to the undesirable loss of product sales when customers switch to a similar product offered by the same supplier?
- What famous TV cook was called Phyllis Primrose-Pechey?
- What is the largest castle in Wales?
- What Greek word is commonly given to the public test launch of a software version or website?
- What was Jodie Foster's character in the 1991 film Silence of the Lambs?
- Who was the Roman god of thunder?
- What type of vegetable is a kohlrabi?
- A company or product which has high market share and continues to produce good returns requiring minimal investment is called a 'cash...' what? - well; cow; machine; or potato?
- In which country are the Ajanta Caves?
- What German publisher's name became famous for a series of worldwide travel guides?
- A logrunner is what type of creature?
- What is the name of the triangle which has two equal sides and two equal angles?
- What is a squirrel's nest called?
- In which year was the Festival of Britain?
- Who is the world's most stolen artist?
- In which month is the Vernal Equinox?
- Tolo TV is which country's leading independent TV company (as at 2010)?
- "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night," is a Bette Davis line from which film?
- Who founded the Amazon website?
quizballs 82 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes