quizballs 80 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a page from the Quizballs zone of the Businessballs website. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 80 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What is the name of the document issued, by law, giving information about a company to be floated on a stock exchange?
- Which British politician became MP for Finchley in 1959?
- What term did former Yahoo! vice-president and author Seth Godin originate whereby potential customers 'opt-in' to receive advertising?
- How many obstacles are featured in one circuit of the Grand National at Aintree?
- To whom are the words 'Veni Vidi Vici' attributed, after he defeated Pharnaces the Second of Pontus?
- Which tough-guy actor was the voice of the dog Charlie B Barkin in the 1989 animated film All Dogs Go to Heaven?
- What term describes the now generally illegal practice requiring people to be members of a trade union before being employed by an organization?
- Which US general was appointed supreme commander of the Allied Forces during World War Two?
- What animal is a Bichon Frise?
- In which part of the human body is the Eustachian Tube?
- Nicolae Ceausescu (pronounced 'chowchescue') was president of which European country?
- In business what does the abbreviation ROCE stand for?
- Annually in July or August, the Obon (or Bon) Buddhist festival to honour the dead is held in which country?
- Doraphobia is an irrational fear of what: lemonade, helpful children, wardrobes, or animal fur?
- Who became chancellor of Germany in 1933?
- In which English county is the grave of Diana Princess of Wales?
- What is the craft of cutting and polishing stones or gems?
- What consultancy firm devised the 7-S Framework corporate analysis model?
- Who wrote The Joy of Sex, published in 1972?
- By which name was American artist Anna Mary Roberston Moses, who began painting in her 70s, better known?
- In the 1991 film Reservoir Dogs who played Mr Orange?
- Whose book The Wealth of Nations (1776) strongly influenced thinking on issues such as the division of labour and free market economy?
- Who devised the most widely used shorthand writing system in 1837?
- Which rapper's real name is Curtis Jackson III?
- Used by ancient Greeks and Romans what is a pelta?
- Pedagogy is the art or profession of what?
- Anna Kournikova, Michelangelo, ILOVEYOU, and Melissa were examples of what?
- What is the short ladder made of webbing or rope used in mountaineering?
- What was the first Monty Python feature film?
- What is the name of one full point in a Judo contest?
- In which German city is the Brandhorst museum?
- In the 1920s Frank and Lillian Gilbreth originated what method of work study including the 'therblig' measurement unit?
- Who wept on the shoulder of the Duchess of Kent after losing the Wimbledon Women's Singles Final against Steffi Graf in 1993?
- The Palace of Knossos is on which Greek island?
- What is Niccolo Machiavelli's famously fascinating book on the art of political leadership, published in 1532?
- Who was the first prime minister of Canada?
- Balliol College is part of which British University?
- Which US state is known as the Magnolia State?
- Carol Ann Duffy became the first woman what?
- The Greek word for moral character is the root of which English term referring to morals in business and professional activities?
quizballs 80 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes