quizballs 77 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a page from the Quizballs zone of the Businessballs website. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 77 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What type of musical instrument is a tabor?
- The ABC abbreviation in first-aid refers to checking what on a casualty?
- A heptathlon is an athletic contest of how many separate events?
- Which performer opened the 1969 Woodstock festival?
- What is cartoon character Spongebob Squarepants' starfish friend called?
- What is the traditional Maori greeting in which people press noses together?
- Who played Commodus in the 2000 film Gladiator?
- The Japanese company Ajinomoto (meaning 'essence of taste') was formed in 1909 to market which popular food ingredient?
- What was serial killer John Christie's London address, and the title of the 1970 film about him starring Richard Attenborough?
- Palamino is a variety of which fruit?
- What internet error code number displays on a computer screen to indicate that a webpage cannot be found?
- Forefathers Day is celebrated in the US on which date?
- The Estoril Grand Prix circuit is in which European country?
- What city has the busiest European underground railway system?
- Joseph Addison and Richard Steele founded (in 1711), and Boris Johnson edited, which British magazine?
- Who was burned at the stake, age 19, in Rouen in 1431?
- What is the plant genus of the decorative bouquet filler used by florists called baby's breath or soap wort?
- Who was the first professional cricketer to captain England?
- What were Brazilians encouraged to grow in 2009 as a protest against president Sarney, accused of embezzlement and nepotism?
- What is the correct spelling of the word 'exma' (the skin complaint)?
- Catherine of Valois was the wife of which English king?
- How many times did Martina Navratilova reach the Women's Singles Final at Wimbledon?
- What is the capital of the Bahamas?
- What corporation gave its name to the new Learning Centre at the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne in Switzerland?
- What is a Hellenist: an airship pilot, a devil worshipper, an expert in Greek language or history, or a corkscrew collector?
- What number is produced by displaying one of each of the Roman numerals, in descending order?
- What commonly occurring gas has the chemical formula CH4 ?
- What is a merkin?
- What character normally appears with the % (percentage) symbol on its key of a QWERTY keyboard?
- On which island was Napoleon Bonaparte born in 1769?
- Which late ostentatious US pianist's first names were Wladziu Valentino?
- What type of dangerous creature is a massasauga?
- In medicine what is the tube implanted in the eardrum to drain the middle ear?
- The British road sign of a red diagonal cross on a blue background in a red circle means what?
- What was the only painting Vincent Van Gogh is known to have sold in his lifetime?
- In Virginia Woolf's A Room of One's Own, what is the name of Shakespeare's sister?
- What is the fourth root of 81?
- Which English rock band were originally called the Spectres?
- The plant Nicotiana tabacum is more commonly known by what name?
- What is a meeting hall of the Salvation Army called?
- Uxoricide is the killing of one's what?
- Mr Wopsle is a character in which Charles Dickens novel?
- Who is the engineer with the big triangular hair-style in the Dilbert cartoons?
- Approximately how many kilometres does light travel in an hour: ten billion; a billion; a million, or a thousand?
- What big disastrous English event happened in 1666?
quizballs 77 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes