quizballs 75 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a page from the Quizballs zone of the Businessballs website. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 75 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What was the old English silver coin worth four pre-decimal pennies?
- Who was the first British black woman to win an Olympic gold medal (for Britain)?
- What gas is in the bubbles of sparkling drinks such as fizzy lemonade and champagne?
- Hepatic relates to which organ of the human body?
- The Bay of Plenty is on the coast of which country?
- WWII General Joseph Stilwell's nickname was also the name of what 1970s rock act fronted by Elkie Brooks?
- Who played Louise Sawyer in the 1991 film Thelma and Louise?
- What name for a temple derives from the ancient Greek meaning 'to all gods' ?
- The corporate IT brand HP stands for what name?
- What is commonly produced by pouring water into a pan of boiling cooking oil - an indoor rainbow, dry ice, popcorn, or a fierce kitchen fire?
- What is the gambling system called in which stakes are continually doubled?
- The natural geological columns of Fingal's Cave and the Giant's Causeway are formed of which rock?
- Who was the last emperor of China?
- What does the c stand for in the equation E=mc2 ?
- What was the title of Al Gore's Oscar-winning 2006 documentary?
- The introduction of what vegetable coincided with the coronation of the British monarch in 1902?
- Mount Ararat is in which country?
- How many strings does a mandolin commonly have?
- What three-letter brand meaning 'flight' is the Polish national airline?
- Yootha Joyce and Brian Murphy played the title roles in which UK 1970s TV sitcom?
- What are the first names of writer J R R Tolkien?
- Which British cyclist crashed out of the 1998 Tour de France while wearing the Yellow Jersey?
- What pub paraphernalia does a tegestologist collect?
- Musician Dizzy Gillespie most famously played what instrument?
- Deoxyribonucleic acid is commonly known as what?
- Who was the voice of the genie in the 1992 animated Disney film Aladdin?
- A Dagwood is what type of snack, named after cartoon character Dagwood Bumstead?
- What country had the Roman name Lusitania?
- The Book of Kells is in which city?
- The Prorsum collection is made by which fashion label?
- What is the Greek and Turkish delicacy of spiced rice and meat wrapped in vine leaves?
- Which French prime minister was executed for treason in 1945?
- A logion is a saying attributed to whom?
- The 'Mach' speed measurement (for example Mach 1, or Mach 2, etc) is based essentially on multiples of the speed of what?
- What is the name of the village near Birmingham, UK, established by George and Richard Cadbury?
quizballs 75 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes