quizballs 73 - christmas and new years quiz - questions without answers
free christmas and new year quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a page from the Quizballs zone of the Businessballs website. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 73 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What is the chemical formula of snow?
- US President Franklin Pierce introduced what to White House Christmas tradition in 1856?
- Which charity in 1949 was the first to produce a Christmas card?
- What red-blooming Christmas plant came originally from Mexico?
- Brandy is made from distilling what?
- What was Girls Aloud's 2002 UK Christmas number one single?
- Which famous comedy double-act partner made the first ever UK mobile phone call, New Year's Day, 1985?
- White Christmas, a cake made of coconut, crisped rice and dried fruit, is popular in which country?
- Quaid-e-Azam's Birthday is a 25th December celebration in which country?
- Who is the narrator in the 2000 film The Grinch Who Stole Christmas?
- What was the cyclone named that hit Darwin, Australia, in Christmas 1974?
- Pine needles are said to be a good source of which vitamin?
- Choirboy Peter Auty sang the film version of which song later recorded as a hit record by Aled Jones?
- What drink invented by Francis Showering has a fawn mascot?
- What creature, noted for feeding on its berries, is linked by name to the mistletoe plant?
- In which Christmas carol does this line feature: "Bring me flesh, and bring me wine, bring me pine logs hither"?
- What is the birth sign of people born on 25 December?
- The Feast of the Holy Name of Jesus on or around 1 January celebrates specifically what happening to the baby Jesus?
- Complete the famous rhyming line which follows: "At Christmas play and make good cheer, ... ?
- 'Full of Eastern Promise' is an advertising slogan of what exotically positioned chocolate product?
- Which poem written by Clement Moore was originally titled A Visit from Saint Nicholas?
- What was the title of the first Christmas TV special Peanuts cartoon?
- What celebratory receptacle is falsely claimed to have been modeled on the breast of Marie Antoinette?
- Which two states in the US have towns called Christmas?
- Which author and creator of Jekyll and Hyde, gave his birthday by formal deed to Anne Ide because she disliked her own birthday of December 25th?
- What animal is the Scandinavian Christmas Julbock symbol?
- Christmas Crackers was the first Christmas edition of which popular UK comedy series?
- What song topped the UK charts at Christmas in 1957 and in a medley version in 1978?
- Which hugely popular actor was born on Christmas day 1899?
- What British spacecraft was lost on Mars at Christmas 2003?
- What was Queen's 1984 Christmas single called?
- American cartoonist Thomas Nast is credited with creating the traditional image of which popular Christmas character?
- Jackie Wilson's re-issued song Reet Petite became the 1986 UK Christmas number one after helping to advertise what brand?
- What is the name of Dorothy Gale's dog in The Wizard of Oz?
- Born Christmas day 1908, by what name was gay icon author of The Naked Civil Servant popularly known?
- What is a baby Turkey more correctly called, other than a chick?
- La Befana is the legendary character who delivers Christmas presents to children in which country?
- Who is the central businessman character in the film It's a Wonderful Life?
- In technical astronomical terms what is the duration of the winter solstice; an instant, a day, three months, or six months?
- What Christmas-time song did James Pierpont compose in 1857?
- What is the title of biggest selling Christmas single, globally?
- Gwyl San Steffan is the name for 26th December (St Stephen's Day or Boxing Day) in which country?
- Which actress singer who charted with Santa Baby and starred as Catwoman died on Christmas day 2008?
- What Christmas item takes its name from the old French word estincelle, meaning spark?
- Who is regarded as the first Christian martyr?
- Kiritimati, the first inhabited place to experience each New Year, is more commonly known as what?
- What Paul McCartney hit song video featured the First World War Christmas Truce meeting of German and British soldiers in no-man's land between the front line trenches?
- Who was said to have presented the baby Jesus with Frankincense?
- In which city was the Salvation Army founded?
- When the Julian calendar was switched to the Gregorian calendar how many days were dropped?
- What drink advert launched the slogan 'The Right One' in 1970?
- What is Virgil Hilts' nickname in the film The Great Escape?
- Before the tradition of hanging stockings up at Christmas what did Dutch children hang by the fireside?
- In which country is it a tradition to hide all brooms in the house on Christmas Eve?
- Who wrote the songs for the 1954 film White Christmas?
- Which US President banned Christmas trees from the White House?
- How many courses are there traditionally in a Ukrainian Christmas Eve supper?
- In the song The Twelve Days of Christmas, how many pipers are there?
- From what does the month of December take its name?
- What did Scottish students take from Westminster Abbey on Christmas day 1950?
quizballs 73 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes