quizballs 70 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a page from the Quizballs zone of the Businessballs website. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 70 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What does a hygrometer measure?
- Philopobia is the fear of what basic human emotion?
- What 1945 film starring Margaret Lockwood was titled after the legend of a 17th century highwaywoman?
- What is a sequence of letters called which reads the same backwards as forwards?
- Who was the first wife of poet Ted Hughes, who killed herself in 1963?
- Which English monarch was nicknamed Longshanks?
- Who composed the Funeral March sonata?
- What is a choli (pronounced 'kolee') - a midriff-baring bodice worn with a sari, a poisoned well or spring, an under-water spanner, or a mythical flying rabbit?
- What is the sixth letter of the Greek alphabet?
- Ignatius of Loyola (1491-1556) founded what religious order?
- Leslie Poles were the first names of which writer, whose works included The Go-Between?
- In which city is Hell Gate Bridge, said to have inspired Sydney Harbour Bridge?
- The Bessemer process was invented in 1856 for the production of what material?
- In which three years did Red Rum win the Grand National?
- Which US poet wrote the Star-Spangled Banner?
- What is the basic monetary unit of Morocco?
- Which is the world's deepest ocean?
- Who wrote the 1950 novel A Town Like Alice?
- Sentenced to death at the Nuremberg Trials, which former chief of the Luftwaffe took cyanide the night before his scheduled hanging?
- What are the names of the mother and father dogs in the film 101 Dalmations?
- The grandfather of which English actress was leader of the Labour Party 1931-35?
- A human-being has how many pairs of chromosomes?
- Which American writer won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1954?
- In 1978 who died after serving only 34 days as Pope?
- Who played the title role in the 1992 film My Cousin Vinnie?
- The Tamil Tigers are a rebel force in which country?
- In Greek Mythology which King was condemned to stand near fruit and water which moved away when he reached for them?
- Who was the first Prime Minister of Israel?
- According to legend who killed the lion represented by the constellation Leo?
- In 2005 Yulia Tymoshenko became the first female Prime Minister of which country?
quizballs 70 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes