quizballs 66 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a page from the Quizballs zone of the Businessballs website. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 66 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What is the state capital of Queensland, Australia?
- The novel A Scandal in Bohemia features which fictional detective?
- Natasha Khan is better known by what name?
- What is the name of the UK Guardian newspaper 'midi' size format (470×315mm)?
- P is the symbol for which chemical element?
- In which 1963 film is Maureen O'Hara spanked by John Wayne?
- Benjamin Disraeli entered the House of Lords in 1876 with the title 1st Earl of where?
- The Copenhagen Criteria define eligibility for national membership of what organisation?
- What is the Irish finger ring, comprising two hands, a heart and crown, worn to indicate romatic status?
- What is the grammatical term for words such as at, in, of, to, by, under, and with?
- Peter Yarrow was a member of which 1960s folk trio?
- Acrophobia is a fear of what?
- Idiot Box is a derogatory term for what?
- Which city hosts the headquarters of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement?
- What country forms the Easterly edge of the Horn of Africa?
- William Rufus was the nickname of which English monarch?
- What is the Christian festival, meaning 'fiftieth day', celebrated on Whit Sunday?
- What is Edward Hopper's famous night-time painting of customers in an American diner?
- On which island did Noel Coward spend the last 23 years of his life?
- How many musical notes are in a hexachord?
- Who illustrated Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass?
- A Hoosier is a native of which American state?
- What is the highest rank of officer in the RAF?
- What is the surname of Eddie played by Adrian Edmondson in the UK TV series Bottom?
- Madame du Barry was the mistress of which King of France?
- What famous battle began with the English on Senlac Hill?
- Vodka, Cointrea (or Triple Sec), cranberry juice and lime-juice make up which cocktail?
- Fingernails and toenails are made of what protein?
- What British term equates to the American 'quarter-note' in music?
- What metal, safely used in food colouring, has the E-Number 175?
- Almeria, Merlot, and Waltham Cross are which fruit?
- What three-letter Latin term used commonly in English translated literally as 'road' or 'way'?
- What is a three-cornered hat called, popular in the 18th century, still worn by Chelsea Pensioners?
- Which is the smallest planet in the solar system?
- What play was Abraham Lincoln watching when he was shot by John Wilkes Booth?
quizballs 66 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes