quizballs quiz 54 - questions without answers
free trivia quiz questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a page from the Quizballs zone of the Businessballs website. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 54 - free general knowledge quiz questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
With thanks to quiz compilers Barry Wilkinson and Malcolm Taylor for their contributions to this quiz.
- In which French city are the headquarters of Interpol (as at 2008)?
- What piece of sports equipment conforms to these dimensions: overall length 10.95cm; length of barrel 5.40cm; longer spigot 3.49cm; shorter spigot 2.06cm?
- 'Weight in kilograms divided by height in metres squared' equates to what health indicator?
- In which century did Cleopatra VII (lover of Julius Caesar and Mark Anthony) rule Egypt?
- What is the capital of Bahrain?
- In the Bible who was Noah's grandfather?
- What is the word for the upright shadow-casting part of a sundial?
- Ireland's first ever all weather horse race meeting took place on 26 August 2007 on which racecourse?
- Who was the leader of the Trojans in the Trojan war?
- What gemstone is The Moonstone in the classic novel of that name by Wilkie Collins?
- In which US state were the Salem witch trials held?
- What metallic element typically makes up between 10% and 25% of stainless steel?
- What Cape is Great Britain's most North Westerly point?
- Who was the prolific writer of theme music for 1960s TV shows including Steptoe and Son, Dr Who, The Prisoner, Dangerman and Tales of the Unexpected?
- Which 1999 film, starring John Cusack and Cameron Diaz, is about Craig, a puppeteer, who discovers a doorway that leads into the head of a movie star?
- Which cricket commentator, who mistakenly called Monty Panesar 'Monty Python', was awarded an OBE in 2003?
- Apia is the capital of which independent island nation in the South Pacific?
- Nob Hill is an affluent area in which city in the United States?
- Which American female soul singer made the 1996 hit song Un-break My Heart?
- Name London Zoo's Giant Panda from 1958 until her death in 1972?
- Who became president of Egypt following the assassination of Anwar El Sadat in 1981?
- Of which 19th century movement were William Lovett and Feargus O'Connor leading figures?
- What creature was introduced into MSN's logo on 14 February 2000?
- What international standard paper size (denoted by the letter A plus a number) has the dimensions of 297 x 420mm?
- What was the original use of the building which now houses the Tate Modern art museum in London?
- How many farthings were in a British guinea?
- What does the internet abbreviation URL stand for?
- Libraries, schools, writing, the wheel, the aqueduct and alcoholic beer are inventions generally credited to which country?
- Who played female agent Cinnamon Carter in the 1960s TV series Mission Impossible?
- What was the name of shark-hunter Quint's boat in the novel and film Jaws?
quizballs 54 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes