quizballs 50 - 2007 quiz - questions without answers
free trivia quiz questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a page from the Quizballs zone of the Businessballs website. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
The answer to question 60 was corrected 3 Mar 2008 - thanks R Moran.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 50 - free 2007 general knowledge quiz questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Which past leader of Russia died in April 2007?
- Which 2007 convicted celebrity drunkard is nicknamed Lilo?
- What month in 2007 was the smoking ban in England introduced?
- Who was the heroic baggage handler at the attempted Glasgow airport car-bombing?
- Who suggested that Gordon Brown had transformed from Stalin to Mr Bean?
- In Chinese astrology, 2007 was the year of the what animal?
- Representatives of which army drew huge crowds at the British Museum when first appearing in September 2007?
- Who suspended the constitution in Pakistan in November 2007?
- Which country won the 2007 Eurovision Song Contest?
- Which psychiatrist and host of BBC Radio 4's In the Psychiatrist's Chair died in October 2007?
- Who became the 2007 Formula One World Driver's Champion in October?
- Who was the BBC reporter kidnapped in the Gaza Strip and later released in July 2007?
- Donald Tusk replaced a twin to become prime minister of which country?
- Which zoot-suited jazz musician died in July 2007?
- Cristina Kirchner became the first elected woman president of which country?
- Who became respectively First and Second Ministers of the 2007 power-sharing Northern Irish Assembly?
- What was Paris Hilton's offence for which she was sentenced to 45 days in prison?
- In what Sudan city was Gillian Gibbons imprisoned for the blasphemous naming of a teddy bear incident?
- What was the Blue Peter cat name voted by viewers but substituted by the production staff because it was not considered 'suitable'?
- The iPhone was launched by which company?
- What month in 2007 did Tony Blair depart as UK prime minister?
- The fifth Harry Potter film released in July 2007 is called what?
- Name the England soccer manager sacked by the FA in November 2007?
- Which severely injured soldier defied his negligible survival chances and featured strongly in the 2007 campaign to improve compensation for seriously wounded armed forces personnel?
- Which England rugby player was controversially denied a try in the 2007 World Cup final against South Africa because his foot was deemed to have been in touch before grounding the ball?
- What was increased to 18 on 1st October 2007 in England and Wales?
- Adam Applegarth presided over what controversial corporation?
- What video game was banned in 2007 for its "...unremitting bleakness and callousness..." ?
- What two countries joined the European Union on 1st January 2007?
- Who was appointed new England soccer manager in December 2007?
- Who won the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize for his environmental work including the controversial film An Inconvenient Truth?
- What city hosted the 2007 World Athletics Championships?
- Niklas Zennstrom and Janus Friis, previous founders of Kazaa and Skype, launched their new video and TV show distribution website in October 2007 called what?
- Which country's victory at Wembley in November 2007 put the home nation out of the European Cup?
- Faye Turney became famous as a member of which of the services?
- Who made the highly critical documentry film Sicko, about the US healthcare system?
- Which former politician and convicted perjurer was appointed in November 2007 to lead a prison reform task force for the Conservative Party?
- Whose video called 'Falling Down' was banned on British TV?
- Which company was found officially responsible for the Suffolk Bird Flu outbreak in February 2007?
- On which Indonesian island was the United Nations Climate Change Conference held in December 2007?
- What Cumbrian town was used as a 2007 pilot for the digital TV switch-over?
- It was announced in April 2007 that Lord Justice Scott Baker would replace Baroness Butler-Sloss in what position?
- What remarkable sale price did Damien Hirst's diamond-encrusted skull achieve?
- Which world champion 400m runner successfully overturned her Olympic Games ban for missing drug tests?
- Monks featured strongly in the September protests in which country?
- Which northern England city was flooded by torrential rain on on 25 June 2007?
- In what US city did Barack Obama announce his presidential candidacy in February 2007?
- Which Bollywood actor was at the centre of the 2007 Big Brother TV Show racism uproar?
- Shinzo Abe resigned in September 2007 as prime minister of which country?
- Which corporation bought 1.6% of Facebook for $240m?
- The Kate Moss Collection was launched by what store chain?
- The two CDs lost by the UK department HMRC (Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs) contained personal details of 20m people relating to claims of what?
- Who resigned as England cricket coach after the 2007 Ashes series 5-0 defeat?
- What nickname was used by the media for the senior policeman in charge of the Cash for Honours investigation?
- In May 2007 Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum announced the biggest what in history to date?
- Intensive British forces operations in Afghanistan through 2007 were centred in which province?
- In what significant UK location was the August 2007 Climate Change Camp sited?
- Which movie star left the much publicized 'rude pig' phone message for his twelve year old daughter?
- In a bizarre 2007 confessional frenzy, Ruth Kelly, Jacqui Smith, Harriet Harman, Hazel Blears and Alistair Darling where among several British government ministers to make what admission?
- At the end of 2007 how many England Premiership football (soccer) clubs were foreign owned?
- In June 2007 the Millennium Dome re-opened under what name?
- Which famous aviator and adventurer went missing over the Nevada Desert in September 2007?
- The perfume brand 'Mwah' was launched in 2007 by which 'celebrity'?
- What country celebrated on August 15th 2007 its 60th anniversary of independence from British rule?
- Who resigned as World Bank President after failing to disprove allegations of his nepotism?
- Which country won the 2007 FIFA Women's World Cup?
- Following an Ofcom investigation which TV company was judged in September 2007 to be the worst offending in the premium line phone-in scandals?
- What film won the 2007 Academy Award for Best Picture?
- Speculation towards the end of 2007 suggested that Rupert Murdoch's News International Group was in discussion to buy what significant business networking website?
- Which rapper cancelled his UK tour when refused entry to the country?
- What was the name of the Space Shuttle which launched on June 8th 2007?
- Who made this amusing statement: "I have expressed a degree of regret that may be equated with an apology..." ?
- Whose secret donations of over half a million pounds caused a big problem for the Labour Party when they were exposed in November 2007?
- Who became the new French president in 2007?
- Who was charged with fraud when he reappeared five years after going missing in a canoe off the Cleveland coast?
- Clarence Mitchell was appointed media spokesman for whom in September 2007?
- Which Formula One racing team was expelled from the 2007 Constructors Championship for spying on a competitor?
- Blake Fielder-Civil achieved notoriety as whose errant husband?
- Which former newspaper owner and business mogul was sentenced to 78 months imprisonment for fraud in December 2007?
- Which major city switched off its lights for an hour on the evening of 31 March 2007 as a political statement about climate change?
- What was the village and laboratory site name connected with the August 2007 foot-and-mouth desease outbreak near Guildford in Surrey?
- Garments of which famous clothes label were found being made by child labour in India in October 2007?
- Which organization announced euphemistically it would 'transition' its modestly performing '360' social networking website?
- What Richard Dawkins' book attracted huge popularity and controversy throughout 2007?
- In 2007 according to World Health Organization statistics what are the only two non-African countries with an under-five infant mortality rate of more than 10%?
quizballs 50 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes