quizballs 479 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 479 - free general knowledge questions without answers for trivia quizzes
- A skink is a: Bird; Lizard; Insect; or All-black skunk?
- Phloem, rays, and cork cambrian are features of a tree's: Leaves; Fruit; Trunk; or Roots?
- The gravitational effect of (What?) determines Earth's maritime high/low/neap tides: Sun; Moon; Mars; or Clouds?
- Our hepatic portal vein connects which two of: Legs; Intestines; Liver; Brain; or Eyes?
- The Lux is the SI Unit of intensity of: Air-pressure; Sterility; Illumination; or Softness?
- The New Model Army was led by: Oliver Cromwell; Adolf Hitler; Naomi Campbell; or Elvis Costello?
- Name the Cypriot mythological sculptor (and famous George Bernard Shaw play) who fell in love with a statue he carved?
- The global non-profit organization founded by lawyer Clive Stafford Smith that fights extreme human rights abuse and the death penalty is called: Release; Review; Relieve; or Reprieve?
- Krill is/are: Fish; Crustaceans; Seaweed; or Eggs?
- What word means complex administration and systemic governance, from French 'office'?
- Removing the husk/pod/calyx from a fruit is called: Hulling; Skulling; Pulling; or Bulling?
- Floccinauccinihilipilification means 'estimating something as (What?)': Very big; Very old; Worthless; or Indescernable gender?
- Bimalleolar and Triplane fractures are types of broken: Ankle; Crockery; Promise; or Heart?
- The disease diptheria affects the: Nose and throat; Stomach; Nervous system; or Skin?
- The traditional shouted warning that a cut tree is about to fall is: Lumber!; Under!; Timber!; or Four!
- Drapery, columns, straw, and flowstone are natural mineral features of: Volcanoes; Caves; Mountains; or Glaciers?
- What is a popular suffix for a scandal or cover-up, originating in 1974 USA?
- What famous toxic oily addictive liquid (C10H14N2) turns brown on exposure to air?
- Helmut Kohl and Erich Honecker led which divided nation(s) in the 1980s: Yugoslavia; Germany; Cyprus; or Russia?
- Where now is the ancient civilisation region of Lydia: Mediterranean Europe; Siberian Russia; Asian Turkey; or Central America?
- Snell's Law (after 1600s Dutch astronomer/mathematician Willebrord Snellius) concerns: Light; Gas; Electricity; or Personality?
- Battle of the Little Bighorn, known to Lakota/other Plains American Indians as the Battle of the Greasy Grass is commonly called 'Whose What'? (three word answer)
- A tonearm is found on a: Sitar; Archer; Record-player; or Yacht?
- The Greek goddess of love (meaning 'foam risen') who grew from the castrated genitals of Uranus thrown into the sea, is: Aphrodite; Eros; Venus; or Diana?
- Match the main ingredient each for: Taramasalata; Dolmades; Houmous - Vine leaves; Chick peas; Cod roe?
quizballs 479 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes