quizballs 475 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 475 - free general knowledge questions without answers for trivia quizzes
- Short-term/freelance work is popularly called the '(What?) Economy': Big; Wig; Gig; or Fig?
- Richard Branson announced in 2017 that it would never be possible to build enough: Care homes; Broadband capacity; Motorways; or Spaceships?
- What year was the 'Summer of Love', beginning among San Francisco hippies?
- Whetting refers to doing (What?) to a (What?): Sharpening; Cleaning; Building; Blade; Pipe; or Corner? (two answers required)
- Hippocampus is the genus name for what species?
- A ring used in threaded plumbing joints is called an: Olive; Orange; Plum; or Banana?
- Turkey accounts for c.75% of the world's production of: Pinewood; Hazelnuts; Gold; or Rubber?
- What has a calyx (stem/leaf), and achenes (seeds) on the outside?
- What two-letter moving word prefixes these to make six new words: Din; Car; Man; Tan; Grin and For?
- What ancient word for a crown refers to the gaseous outer envelope of a sun or planet?
- Hulianwang, diadiktyo, ipurangi, and y rhyngrwyd are Chinese, Greek, Maori and Welsh for: Water; Hello; Love; or Internet?
- A laparotomy or celiotomy refers to accessing what cavity: Clock/watch-case; Building floor/ceiling; Human abdomen; or Egyptian tomb?
- Omnivorous refers to what sort of diet: Meat; Fish; Vegetable; or Varied?
- The surname Mercer refers to what trade: Textile fabrics; Beer; Weaponry; or Beekeeping?
- On 1st July 2017 Canada celebrated its (What?) anniversary (of when Canadian Confederation was proclaimed): 100th; 150th; 200th; or 300th?
- What ailment is known in Cockney Rhyming Slang as 'Farmer Giles'?
- In botony a bract is a type of: Leaf; Aroma; Root; or Seed?
- What sort of image is recorded using a laser and semi-transparent mirror?
- Meissen in Germany is also the name of what high quality product from the city: Sausage; Lager; Porcelain; or Motorbike?
- In what country is the site of the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear reactor disaster?
- 'o small' equates to what name for O in the Greek alphabet?
- In the musical treble clef what note is the bottom line: A; B; C; D; or E?
- What sort of giant (5m erect) creature is the extinct megatherium: Giraffe; Elephant; Sloth; or Penguin?
- The Anglicized French term entrepôt refers to a significant: Mathematical theory; Sea port; Announcement; or Breakfast?
- Roughly how many tennis balls are stocked for use at the Wimbledon Tennis Championship fortnight: 1,200; 2,200; 4,500; or 57,000?
quizballs 475 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes