quizballs 472 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 472 - free general knowledge questions without answers for trivia quizzes
- What word for a meeting or way of exchanging ideas was originally an Ancient Roman public square?
- Name the centrist French President elected in 2017?
- What is the cube root of 8?
- The internet abbreviation TLD (eg .com and .net and .de) stands for what?
- What is the name of the popular MIT children's HTML programming website: Batch; Snatch; Scratch; or Catch?
- 'Tesekkur ederim' means 'thank you' in which major language connecting Europe and Asia?
- Ashkenazi are a people of which ethnicity: Indian; Mexican; Jewish; or Nordic?
- An 'angle grinder' tool typically has a: Rocking saw; Spinning disc; Oscillating file; or Electric laser?
- A traditional type of Turkish Delight confectionery is: Orchid; Tulip; Rose; or Dandelion?
- In 2016-17 which nation pursued tax fraud investigations against soccer personalities including Cristiano Ronaldo and José Mourinho?
- A Boston USA medical study found in 2017 regular consumption of (What?) markedly eased rheumatoid arthritis: Pasta; Red wine; Oily fish; or Blue cheese?
- What is the title of a seaport professional who takes temporary command to dock a ship: Admiral; Commodore; Navigator; or Pilot?
- Associated with magic, what is the ancient Norse alphabet of 2nd-14th centuries: Sanskrit; Runic; Turkik; or Wookiee?
- Which three of these must be present for rust to form: Iron; Water; Algae; Heat; or Oxygen?
- Having a high value-to-weight ratio and now mostly virtual, what fundamental concept reputedly first emerged in Lydia (now Asian Turkey) in the 7th century BC?
- What combat sport has a weapon with parts called a button, foible, forte, guard and pommel?
- Name the Italian film director Federico Fellini's 1960 movie, and popular expression, which translates to 'The Good Life' or 'The Sweet Life'?
- At 2017 the world's largest container ship, 'OOCL Hong-Kong', holds how many 20ft containers: 2,140; 5,141; 8,012; or 21,413?
- Combining two major sciences, what is the study of the chemical composition of living organisms?
- Roughly how many species of birds exist: 2,750; 8,600; 37,000; or 96,000?
- What is the traditional religious/Greek name (meaning 'thanksgiving') for the Christian Holy Communion or Lord's Supper?
- The last Emperor of Russia, executed in 1918 by the Bolsheviks, was: Peter I; Nicholas II; Vladimir III; or Sergei IV?
- What Mexican corn tortilla dish is named from the local meaning 'seasoned with chile pepper'?
- In summer 2017 Mattel launched fifteen new versions of which companion character including 'corn rows' and 'man bun'?
- What is the modern equivalent of Royal Navy's 1914-18 code: Queenie, Robert, Sugar, Tommy, Uncle, Vinegar, William, Xerxes, Yellow, Zebra?
quizballs 472 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes