quizballs 464 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 464 - free general knowledge questions without answers for trivia quizzes
- The most highly developed part of a brain is the: Cerebrum; Hippocampus; Thalamus; or Medulla?
- Igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary are the three major types of: Trees; Rock; Fish; or Human hair?
- Ray Dolby's eponymous 1933 invention improved: Safety glass; Blood transfusion; Sound reproduction; or Train punctuality?
- Name the tree/resin which produces Arabic/Yemen (natural chewing) gum, related to a word for chew?
- In the Modern Braille system, three embossed dots in vertical line equates to: A; L; V; or Z?
- Desalination is the removal of (What?) from (What?): Heat; Salt; Brine; Alcohol; Infection; or Milk? (two answers required)
- The Parthenon in Athens was originally a: Gladiatorial stadium; Temple; Fortress; or Library?
- Brighter rainbows are caused mainly by: Air temperature; Time of day; Bigger raindrops; or The viewing person's imagination only?
- Japanese for 'picture character' is (What?) - reportedly the fastest growing language ever?
- In astronomy what name is given to a distance of 3.26 light-years, a portmanteau of parallax and second?
- In the scoring of diving competition (from a platform/board into a pool) the abbreviation DD means what?
- 'Highway Gothic', 'Transport' and 'Motorway', (originally US, UK, UK) are common international standard road (What?): Reflective paint; Surfacing stone sizes; Signage typefaces; or Lighting brightness?
- A stabilizing fin that provides uplift for a fast watercraft, or downforce for a fast car, is a hydro or aero (What?):
- Measured in kilograms per cubic metre, the mass of unit volume of a substance is called: Density; Weight; Momentum; or Pressure?
- Metrical feet types such as iamb, trochee, dactyl, and anapest characterize: American furniture; Western poetry; Tree frogs; or Southern hemisphere rainbows?
- A full-grown courgette or zucchini is a: Cucumber; Pumpkin; Marrow; or Aubergine?
- The nitrogen cycle, fundamental in nature, entails airborne nitrogen and animal/plant decomposition converting to: Ammonia; Oxygen; Hydrogen; or Silver?
- Heightwise, if Mount Everest were put into the the Mariana Trench in the Pacific Ocean, its peak would be roughly where in relation to sea level: At sea level; A mile higher; Two miles higher; or A mile below?
- Reef, clove hitch, bowline, and sheepshank are types of what?
- What Latin for 'I' is used in varying contexts referring to the oneself, and our self-view?
- Epoch, Eon, Era, and Period are types of: Punctuation; Roman gods; Geological timescales; or Microsoft operating systems?
- What word for a sweet dish is a French portmanteau meaning 'clear the table', combining 'remove' and 'serve'?
- The infinity sign is a sideways (90-degree rotated): 3; 6; 8; or X?
- What global ethical standards organization's logo, like the yin-yang symbol, shows "..blue sky for optimism, green for growth, and a raised arm for empowerment..." ?
- In the constructed international Esparanto language, what are Dimanĉo, Lundo, Mardo, Merkredo, Jaŭdo, Vendredo, Sabato?
quizballs 464 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes