quizballs 463 - general knowledge quiz - questions & answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz questions and answers for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs free quiz. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
Below are the quiz answers. Here are the quiz questions without answers.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs .
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 463 - free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What ignites diesel fuel in a combustion engine: Sparks; Electricity; Compression; or Petrol? Compression
- Corinthian refers to an ancient city of: Italy; Greece; Israel; or Scotland? Greece (Corinth)
- Musically, arpeggio (Latin derived from harp) means play the notes of a chord: Loud; Soft; Slow; or In quick succession? In quick succession
- What famous website is also the world's 2nd longest river? Amazon
- Which one of these is a compound not an element: Manganese; Magnesium; or Magnetite? Magnetite
- Rubber is made from tree: Bark; Sap; Seeds; or Flowers? Sap
- A soothsayer's trade is: Judging; Healing; Singing; or Predicting? Predicting
- The Argyle clothing pattern features: Circles; Diamonds; Animals; or Glitter? Diamonds
- Anhydrous compounds contain (What?) water: Heavy; Frozen; Zero; or Dirty? Zero (no water)
- Izaak Walton's significant 1653 social/country life book is the Compleat: Hunter; Farmer; Angler; or Poacher? Angler
- What often-traumatized island nation, whose capital is Port au Prince, adjoins Dominican Republic to the west? Haiti
- The Norse-Anglicized word 'Leister' is a: Camp fire; Gold coin; Three-pronged fish spear; or English city? Three-pronged fish spear
- Middlemarch author Mary Ann Evans is better known as: Jane Austen; Jackie Collins; Mary Shelley; or George Eliot? George Eliot
- What is iconic US sportsman George Herman Ruth's nickname? Babe (Babe Ruth, baseball player)
- What communication method (from Latin 'thing to be remembered') was universal in organizations before email? Memo (or and from from Memorandum)
- What very alcoholic popular French aniseed drink is widely outlawed and named (from Greek)/made from wormwood? Absinthe
- The 1982 book by Thomas Kenneally and its 1993 film, about escape in wartime, are respectively which two words with the protagonist's name: Redemption; Ark; List; Choice; or Escape? Ark and List (Schindler's Ark novel, and Schindler's List film)
- What coastal flatfish also means to clumsily achieve balance or control? Flounder
- Mesozoic, Permian and Tertiary are: House bricks; Legal qualifications; Prehistoric timespans; or Geometric triangles? Prehistoric timespans
- In 2017 Crayola announced controversially the discontinuation of (What?) crayon: Dandelion; Sunflower; Daffodil; or Canary? Dandelion
- A feature of the Coriolis Effect in meteorological cyclones and anti-cyclones is: Clouds; Rain; Snow; or Spinning? Spinning
- Cutaneous refers/relates to: Babies; Blades; Skin; or Price discounting? Skin
- A cryometer measures: Mood; Liquid flow; Salinity (salt content); or Very low temperatures? Very low temperatures
- What three-letter prefix makes new words with Rhythm, Sphere, Technology, Logical and Fuel? Bio
- Put these Australian cities in clockwise geographical order, starting with Sydney: Darwin, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide? Sydney, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin, Brisbane
quizballs 463 - free quiz questions only for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes