quizballs 461 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 461 - free general knowledge questions without answers for trivia quizzes
- From c.4000BC, 'Proto-Indo-European' is a fundamental: Bronze; Language; Vegetable; or Horse?
- 'Sky peer-to-peer' is the origin of what famous revolutionary Estonian/Danish development?
- Israeli Uziel Gal (1923-2002) invented a globally iconic type of: Farming; Machine gun; Calorie counting; or Antibiotic?
- Oliver Mellors is better known as what DH Lawrence creation: Biggles; Batman; Winnie the Pooh; or Lady Chatterley's Lover?
- In popular culture and literature Utopia (an ideal beautiful world) is opposite to: Dystopia; Sinopia; Subtopia; or Myopia?
- The likely extinct Thylacine, largest ever carnivorous marsupial, is commonly called the: Tasmanian Tiger; African Kangaroo; Brazilian Wombat; or Piccadily Lion?
- 'Stuttgart pitch', standard musical tuning/calibration, is 440Hz frequency at the note: A; B; C; or D?
- Beginning 2018, the first direct UK-Australia flights are roughly what miles/hours: 5000m/5hrs; 9000/17; 14,000/36; 20,000/20?
- Mongolia and Ivory Coast were the first countries to adopt a radical postal address system using (How many?) random words for every (How many?) square yards of Earth: (two answers required) 3; 9; 20; 50; 400?
- What 'greenhouse gas' is increasing most significantly in the 21st century: Methane; CO2; Ozone; or Nitrous Oxide?
- Diazepam was first marketed as: Amphetamine; Valium; Anadin; or Lucozade?
- Axiomatic means: Breathless; Self-evident; Inflated; or Confusingly angry?
- Beg or Bey and Begum refer to a chief or high official and female equivalent originating from/in which culture: Mexican; Turkish; Maori; or Russian?
- A popular childlike metaphor for being punished or excluded is being on the: Bad bench; Naughty step; Culpable couch; or Silly stool?
- Which month is named in English after Latin for door?
- Previously fined $2.5bn in 2014, which company publicized its zero tolerance policy in 2017 responding to tax evasion investigations and raids? Harrods; KFC; Credit Suisse; or Microsoft?
- In US-English a sports knockout tournament is called a: Dash; Bracket; Guillemet; or Colon?
- What religious word makes five new words when suffixed (added last) to: Repel, Condo, Si, Re, and Ta?
- Match the Roman and modern names: Hafnia, Lutetia, Eblana, Ezelinga - Dublin, Zurich, Copenhagen, Paris?
- 2017 Eurovision controversy entailed which host nation's ban of which nation's contestant? (two answers required, preferably the right way around..) Israel; Turkey; Russia; France; or Ukraine?
- The magazine of the Jehovah's Witness religion is The: Spotlight; Watchtower; Lighthouse; or Microscope?
- Argentina's national sport 'Pato' means (What?), replaced by the modern ball, carried in a basket on horseback: Rocks; Feathers; Eggs; or Live duck?
- The dye henna is made from a: Beetle; Tree; Clay; or Fish?
- Whose best-selling 2016 autobiography is called Born to Run: Usain Bolt; Sebastian Coe; Mo Farah; or Bruce Sprinsteen?
- Match these birds with their metaphorical/fabled associations: Albatross, Dove, Stork, Magpie, Ostrich - Curse, Peace, Birth/baby, Denial, Theft?
quizballs 461 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes