quizballs 456 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 456 - free general knowledge questions without answers for trivia quizzes
- Francobollo is Italian for: Pawnbroker; Postage stamp; Garlic sauce; or Boiled sausage?
- Baptism originally refers to the word: Bread; Bathe; Fire; or Brimstone?
- Lacuna, interstice, hiatus and couloir are words for a type of: Surprise; Gap; Mistake; or Bulge?
- The spinning toy 'Diabolo' and word diabolical refer to: Triangle; Devil; Double; or Sparkle?
- Traditionally your first cousin's son is your: First cousin once removed; Second cousin; Second cousin once removed; or Uncle?
- Put these UK titles in order, highest first: Marquess, Duke, Viscount, Earl?
- A mahout is an Indian driver of a: Taxi; Barge; Elephant; or Hot air ballon?
- The theme tune of which TV series features a piccolo playing the title in morse code: MASH; Hawaii 5-O; Z-Cars; or Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em?
- Cressida Dick is a: San Francisco lighthouse; Sponge pudding; Dutch dam; or First female head of the London Metropolitan Police?
- A Wikipedia page that shows different meanings of a single term is called: Clarification; Disambiguation; Elucidation; or Discombobulation?
- Bergen, Kristiansand, Turku and Helsingborg are major ports of: Russia; Scandinavia; Canada; or South America?
- The educational acronym MOOC stands for which four of: Modern; Massive; Open; Online; Official; Course; or Creche?
- Who originated the band names Steely Dan, Thin White Rope, and Soft Machine: William Burroughs; Charles Dickens; William Shakespeare; or Geoffrey Chaucer?
- The third Thursday every November sees a race to release which 'nouveau' wine: Chardonnay; Beaujolais; Bordeaux; or Riesling?
- Aperitif, Canape, Hors d'oeuvres, and Antipasto are: Starters; Mains; Desserts; or Sorbets?
- Sensory-desire, ill-will, sloth/torpor, restlessness/worry, and doubt are the Five Hindrances to meditation in: Mormonism; Buddhism; Hinduism; or Catholicism?
- Marachino originally refers to a: Cherry; Liqueur; Sheep; or Pair of trousers?
- Moquette, Seersucker, and Worsted are types of: Antelope; Insect; Fabric; or Sunset?
- Broth, Egg, and Mist are commonly prefixed by: Irish; Welsh; English; or Scotch?
- Which three of these are not terrier dog breeds: Schnauzer; Boxer; Bull; Boston; Airedale; Dalmation; or Rottweiler? (three answers required)
quizballs 456 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes