quizballs 455 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 455 - free general knowledge questions without answers for trivia quizzes
- Typically urban, 'Parkour' is (now recognised officially in the UK as) a: Religion; Sport; African republic; or Children's texting language?
- Hypoglycemia refers to: High anxiety; Low blood sugar; Hot flush; or Cold sweat?
- Which nation, the biggest beer market globally, makes Snow Beer, since 2008 the best-selling beer in the world: USA; Australia; China; or Germany?
- In law, 'null' and 'nullify' refer to what value/significance: Uncertain; Major; Conditional; or Zero?
- Cavatappi is Italian for: Bar-snacks; Wine-waiter; Corkscrew; or Drunk?
- What male body part is named from Ancient Greek "one who stands before" or "protector": Foreskin; Glans; Prostate; or Testicle?
- Spell the word (meaning a pause): Hiaetos; Hiatus; Hiaitas; or Hyatas?
- Bronze is generally considered an alloy of which two of: Gold; Copper; Iron; Tin; or Potassium? (two answers required)
- Iron, St George's, Ankh (Egyptian), Coptic, and Celtic are types of: Canal barges; Smoking pipes; Crosses; or Boiler-making rivets?
- Rillettes, originating/common in central France, is a type of: Ski-ing on wheels; Street juggling; Pâté; or Stairs carved into rock?
- US cyber-security analysis in 2017 found most serious IT/web system outages are caused by: China; Russia; Independent hackers; or Squirrels?
- The streets of 1880s London were polluted by c.500 tons of (What?) every day: Cigarette-ends; Old newspapers; Horse dung; or Chewing gum?
- Boutros Boutros-Ghali, Kofi Annan, Ban Ki-moon, and António Guterres, have all headed: NATO; FIFA, The United Nations; or The BBC?
- In James Fenimore Cooper's 1826 book The Last of the Mohicans, the character Hawk-Eye is also called 'La Longue Carabine', which means 'The Long...': Nose; Tongue; Hair; or Rifle?
- What gas is used in making creamy beers such as draught Guinness: Nitrogen; Oxygen; Helium; or Radon?
- The Tennis Championships 'open' era (beginning 1968) refers to (What?) players being allowed to compete in Grand Slams and the Davis Cup: Amateur; Professional; Female; or Left-handed?
- The trade name 'plumber' derives from Latin for: Brass; Lead; Copper; or Spanner?
- Since about 1998 the website Go.com has been a confusing vehicle of: British Airways; The Walt Disney Company; The Vatican; or FIFA?
- A porter is a traditional style of: Sea shanty (maritime song); Executive briefcase; Seaside holiday; or Dark strong beer?
- Devised by one of Napoleon's officers, c.1795, modern pencil cores are a blend of which two of: Clay; Graphite; Lead; Iron; or Sugar? (two answers required)
quizballs 455 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes