quizballs 454 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 454 - free general knowledge questions without answers for trivia quizzes
- The word 'motel' is an: Acronym; Abbreviation; Portmanteau; or Palindrome?
- A kibbutz (Hebrew literally 'gathering') traditionally refers to a small community (What?) in Israel: Wedding; Funeral; Farm; or Gymnasium?
- Which two of these are the southernmost and westernmost USA states: Alaska; Hawaii; Florida; California; or Texas? (two answers required, ideally in the right order - southernmost and westernmost)
- Calligraphy is a blend of which two of these: Statistics; Art; Handwriting; History; or Chocolate? (two answers required)
- The French Revolution and consquential metric system of 1795 defined the old 'Are' unit as 100: Pennies; Square metres; Pints; or Horses?
- A traditional collective noun for lots of angels is: Bevy Phalanx; Host; or Covey?
- Outsourcing/relocating an organizational process to another country is called: Undercoasting; Overseasing; Offshoring; or Showboating?
- Frangipane is what sort of confectionery filling: Chocolate; Coffee; Almond; or Peanut?
- Heliocentrism and the opposing Geocentrism are opposing theories of: Ballroom dancing; Astronomy; Diet; or Throwing a ball?
- Shinshu/Koshu/Genshu refer respectively to current-year/matured/strong Japanese: Whisky; Beer; Sake (rice wine); or Cheese?
- Linsey-woolsey/Winceyette/Wincey refer to a historical sort of: Cloth; Shotgun; Dungeon or Camper-van?
- 'Cavatappi' and 'Fusilli Rigati' each refers to pasta that is which two of these: Hot; Cold; Spiral; Grooved; or Stiff? (two answers required)
- An over-complicated mechanical solution, named after an English cartoonist who drew them, is called: Robin Jackson; Robin Heathson; Heath Robinson; or Jack Robinson?
- Stormont is the Government Assembly of: Belgium; France; Canada; or Northern Ireland?
- The first gay kiss on a UK TV soap drama featured Lord: Alan Sugar; Richard Branson; Michael Cashman; or Geoffrey Archer?
- A nightclub/bar/entertainment deriving from Japanese 'empty orchestra' is: Cabaret; Karaoke; Casino; or Ping-Pong?
- The tail of the Vodafone corporation's 'speechmark' comma logo points: Top-left; Top-right; Bottom-left; or Bottom-right?
- What word is commonly and wrongly said by writers, politicians. speakers, etc., to mean 'danger' and 'opportunity' in Chinese kanji characters: Diplomacy; Crisis; Money; or Chocolate?
- Pashtun people and Pashto language, are from: Ireland and Wales; Australia and New Zealand; Afghanistan and NW Pakistan; or China and Japan?
- Match these four technologies to their respective parts of a bicycle: Derailleur; Presta; Nipple; Gusset (match with) Valves; Frame; Gears; Spoke-fixings?
quizballs 454 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes