quizballs 451 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 451 - free general knowledge questions without answers for trivia quizzes
- Who said, "I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was taken to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph..": Prince Charles; Shirley Temple; Kylie Minogue; or Marilyn Monroe?
- Which one of these is not an ancient civilization/people of the Americas: Aztec; Inca: Maya; Pict; or Inuit?
- The Kisspeptin protein, encoded by the KISS1R gene, significantly influences human: Eye-colour; Mouth shape; Smartphone addiction; or Libido?
- Which one of these is not an ingredient of haggis: Sheep offal; Oatmeal; Onion; Suet; or Mackerel?
- What abbreviated Latin term refers in broadcasting to street interviews of the general public: Via Com; Idiotox; Vox Pop;or Pop Sox?
- Which one of these is not a joint record-holder for the most (14) Oscar nominations: La La Land; Titanic; All About Eve; or Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone?
- (At early 21st C) Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche, Skoda and Bentley are part of which parent corporation: General Motors; Ford; Volkswagen; or Toyota?
- The 2017 Australian Open Tennis Championship was the first of the 'open' era (since 1968) in which men's and women's singles finalists were all: American; Over 30; Over 6ft2ins; or Left-handed?
- Technically the 'Last of the Mohicans' was: Chingachgook; Uncas; Hawkeye; or Geronimo?
- Airbus announced it would begin testing what sci-fi prototype in 2017 for production/commercialization: Flying car; Travelator pavements; Teleportation (like The Fly and Star Trek); or Anti-gravity paint?
- The chemical formula C10H15N is a loose equivalent of: Cannabis; Crystal meth; Paracetamol; or Table salt?
- Hugo Chavez (1954-2013) was a (What?) leader of (Where?): Socialist; Conservative; Buddhist; Venezuela; Cuba; or Spain? (two answers required)
- The famous German drink, labelled Wolfenbuttel with a stag and cross, and combined with Red Bull in a 'bomb' is: Lowenbrau; Jagermeister; Underberg; or Gluhwein?
- Which two of these do not refer to chaos/violence of some sort: Pandemonium; Catastrophe; Halcyon; Catechism; or Cataclysm? (two answers required)
- Before being renamed in 1997, Diageo was a merger of Grand Metropolitan and: Pan Am; Interpol; Enron; or Guinness?
- Said to have influenced Brexit and US elections 2016, the media phenomenon prompting government investigation is termed: Tall Stories; Cob Webs; Fake News; or Increditorial?
- Findern Primary School, Derbyshire, introduced (What?) in 2017, a UK first: Elderly mentors; Pets; Cellphone ban; or Carpet-slippers?
- Cassis is a French liqueur made and named from: Apple; Orange; Blackcurrant; or Potato?
- Alluding to a euphemism for death, what one seeks to do before dying is a: Farm schedule; Bucket list; Curtain rail; or Daisy chain?
- Which three of these are not generally listed among the Christian Twelve Apostles/Disciples: Bartholomew; Graham; Philip; Thomas; Trevor; Matthew; Judas; or Nigel? (three answers required)
quizballs 451 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes