quizballs 434 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 434 - free general knowledge questions without answers for trivia quizzes
- What two-letter word prefixes these to make five new words: Devil; Fore; Calm; Cause; Gin?
- A trug is a basket-like receptacle used by a: Cyclist; Gardener; Jeweller; or Dentist?
- Which of these is completely enclosed by the other three; Brazil; Argentina; Paraguay; Bolivia?
- The Alsatian dog name refers to a region of which modern country: France; Germany; Italy; or Brazil?
- Tao (and Taoism/Daoism) the Chinese metaphysical/Buddhist philosophy of living in harmony with the natural order of the universe, means literally: Path; God; Bread; or Gold?
- Cyclamen is a group term referring to small: Greek islanders; Animated monsters; Flowering plants; or Tour de France breakaways?
- Roughly the Sun is what % of the Solar System's total mass: 10%; 25%; 50%; or 100%?
- The German words for 'double-goer' give what Anglicized German word for a person's double, living or unreal, and typically misbehaving?
- The Jewish festival 'menorah' candelabrum typically holds how many candles: 8; 10; 12; or 37?
- Chicano (or Chicana/Xicano/Xicana) refers to mixed American and (What?) ethnicity: Mexican; Chinese; Irish; or Canadian?
- The Americanized word 'skillet' refers to a: Training course; Frying pan; Ice-skating trick; or Filleted flatfish?
- Symbiosis, referring to mutual dependence/cooperation of two organisims or creatures, means in Greek: Living together; Cannibalism; Debit-Credit; or Back-scratching?
- Which of these are now registered Internet Top Level Domain extensions (alternatives to .com): .dad; .boo; .wtf; .shoes - None of them; Just .shoes; All except .wtf; or All of them?
- Spell the modern common word meaning 'to bleed': Hemmorage; Hemorage; Hemhorage; or Hemorrhage?
- A theodolite is traditionally used by a: Fireman; Policeman; Surveyor; or Dance teacher?
- Which sport features a playing surface of a 'chain' (22 yards) long and 10 feet wide: Cricket; Netball; Bowls; or Crazy Golf?
- From the early 21st century (What ferral pests?) were eradicated from (Where?) whose 4th plinth hosts large temporary sculptures: (two answers required): Rabbits; Cats; Pigeons; Bears; (eradicated from) The Coloseum; Trafalgar Square; St Peter's Square; or The Kremlin?
- John Ronald Reuel Tolkien (author of Lord of the Rings, etc) was: English; Romanian; Russian; or Hobbit?
- Vitis is better known as the fruit-drink plant genus: Orange; Grape; Blackcurrant; or Apple?
- A demonym is a term for a (What?) from a particular (What?): Food; Person; Movement; Dance; Place; or Time (two answers required)?
quizballs 434 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes