quizballs 421 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 421 - free general knowledge questions without answers for trivia quizzes
- Originally Buddhist/Hindu tradition, something once desired but now more trouble than it is worth, is called a: Black dog; White elephant; Brown cow; or Purple jellyfish?
- Kata and Kumite ('cum-ittay') are events in which new Olympic sport (added appropriately) for Tokyo 2020?
- Spell the German philosopher's name Friedrich: Neitzche; Neitsche; or Nietche; or Nietzsche?
- Which three of these are the essential ingredients of pastry: Egg; Flour; Sugar; Fat; Water; Salt?
- The common Anglicized name for God in Judaism is: Shiva; Jehovah; Kevala jnana; or Siddhartha Gautama?
- The term peripatetic, associated with ancient Greek teacher Aristotle, refers to a professional person who: Shouts; Travels; Works for free; or Gets depressed?
- The Aleutian Islands in the Pacific Ocean are owned by and connect which two nations: Russia; China; Japan; or USA?
- Name the two famous Shakespearean lovers in the NATO phonetic alphabet?
- One stalk of celery contains roughly how many calories: 6; 60; 160; or 600?
- Dr Christian Barnard achieved the first successful what in 1967: Colour TV broadcast; English channel swim; Human heart transplant; or Quadruple trampoline somersault?
- A Sirocco wind generally carries (What?) to the south coasts of Europe: Snow; Sahara dust; Locusts; or Acid rain?
- The 'interrobang' (or interabang) is a punctuation mark combining which two marks/meanings: Ampersand &; Question mark ? ; Exclamation mark ! ; or Asterisk * ?
- Runner, String, French, Broad, Navy and Great Northern are types of: Railway gauges; Vests; Beans; or Polar lights night sky displays?
- What popular Westernized word is Italian for a baby boy?
- What is the common 'portmanteau' computing term created from 'binary' and 'digit'?
- What word derived from feeble, refers to a sword blade from middle to point, and an eccentric weakness of a person?
- Ingeniously conceived by Greek inventor Philo of Byzantium (280-220BC) a gimbal keeps an instrument (What?), originally on a ship: Dry; Level; Safe/locked; or Oiled?
- In Greek mythology the 'Gigantomachy' was a fundamental battle between which two of these: Elements; Gods; Giants; Machines; Flowers; or Bees?
- Who wrote the famous philosophical book 'Thus Spoke Zarathustra' ('Also sprach Zarathustra' - pub 1883-91) which included the controversial phrase "God is dead"?
- Match these into pairs of equivalent UK/US-English words: Grill, Hash, Tap, Nappy, Skip, Bumper, Diaper, Dumpster, Broil, Pound, Faucet, Fender?
quizballs 421 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes