quizballs 420 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 420 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes
- The famous high Alpine mountain The Matterhorn (or Monte Cervino) is on the border of which two of these: France; Italy; Switzerland; or Holland?
- Ancient Greek for "a square tablet strewn with dust" is probably the origin of the word: Calculator; Abacus; Slide-rule; or Protractor?
- What word for a pouch prefixes the following: Battleship, Book, Knife, Money?
- The two Mediterranean islands of France and Italy separated by the 11km Strait of Bonifacio are: Corsica; Sicily; Sardinia; or Cyprus?
- Match these metals to their chemical symbols: Gold, Silver, Mercury, Lead - Hg, Au, Pb, Ag?
- Australian 1930s slang based on French for 'white' is considered the origin of what informal term for cheap wine?
- Jovian and Jovial refer to and derive from which Greek god and planet in our solar system?
- Which one of these has not been subject to controversial EU regulation: Fishing quotas; Vacuum cleaner power; Size of army; or Banana shape?
- Paleontology (or palaeontology), the study of earliest life up to c.11,700 years ago, essentially combines which two of: Biology; Astrology; Geology; or Psychology?
- David Hockney is a famous English: Poet; Artist; Playwright; or Chef?
- The Kindle electronic book product is designed/launched (2007)/owned by: Microsoft; Amazon; Google; or Apple?
- Which one of these is a real phone payments app, launched 2015: Microsoft Sents; Google Tip; Apple Pay; or Ebay Dosh?
- "When shall we three meet again? In thunder, lightning, or in rain?" opens Shakespeare's: Romeo and Juliet; Macbeth; Hamlet; or A Midsummer Night's Dream?
- Shakespeare's famous opening line: "When shall we three meet again? In thunder, lightning, or in rain?" refers to three: Kings; Children; Witches; or Fairies?
- In a classic 'colour wheel' (based on primary colours and blends), orange is opposite: Blue; Green; Brown; or Purple?
- Yellow fever, resurging in parts of the world in the 2010s, is spread by: Rats; Mosquitoes; Sneezing; or Chickens?
- What exercise device takes its name from Italian for 'stilts' and uses potential energy of springs?
- An attempt to stop (What?) in June 2016 became the most signed petition (4m+) on the UK government website: Trident nuclear deterrent; Donald Trump's UK visit; Brexit (Britain leaving the EU); or A new Harry Potter film?
- The cube root of an eighth (1/8) is a: Half; Quarter; One; or Sixty-fourth?
- What highly popular Chinese duality concept, represented by the Taijitu black and white round symbol, is based on complex complementary ideas including female/hidden/moon, contrasted with male/open/sun?
quizballs 420 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes