quizballs 410 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 410 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes
- The drink Tequila is made from: Sugar-cane; Aloe vera; Blue Agave; or Cactus?
- Which one of these is not a record-player speed? 33; 45; 78; or 96?
- Saponification produces: Rubber; Soap; Tomato ketchup; or Human babies?
- The Latin terms '(summa/magna) cum laude' refer to levels of distinction for: Academic degrees; N American driving licences; Champagne quality; or Cheese curing certification?
- Which one of the following does not apply to stingray creatures: Edible; Venomous; Fish; or Tree-climbing?
- The Cockney rhyming slang 'Bread', meaning money, is fully 'Bread and...' what?
- De La Rue is a famous international maker of: Cigars; Pens; Saddles; or Banknotes?
- Letter, Legal, Executive, Ledger/Tabloid are N American: Lawyer grades; Paper sizes; Postal delivery classes; or Official shades of black inks?
- Nacreous means: Hot; Dull; Pearlescent; or Smelly?
- The US-originating term 'prom' (school dance) is an informal abbreviation of: Promotion; Promenade; Promise; or Promiscuous?
- Due to water-saving laws, a siphon features uniquely in what UK equipment, (ie generally not in other nations): Water-dispensers; Fridge-freezers; Washing machines; or Flushing toilets?
- A 'backhoe' (or rear/back actor) is normally found on: Theatrical stages; Construction sites; Sea beds; or Hospital wards?
- The 1950s Looney Tunes cartoon Mexican mouse and term for someone acting very quickly is: Rapid Roberto; Fast Francisco; Speedy Gonzalez; or Jumping Jesus?
- Malenkov, Bulganin, Khrushchev, and Kosygin are names of 1950-60s USSR (Soviet Union): Soccer World Cup winners; Cosmonauts; National leaders; or Ballet dancers?
- Pigs blood, fat, pearl barley, wheat, and oatmeal are ingredients of what recently proposed 'superfood': Scotch pie; Brussels pate; Black pudding; or A Big Mac?
- Where on a knife is the tang: Point; Blunt edge; Sharp edge; or Handgrip?
- What word makes five new words when prefixing: Wind, Or, Coat, End and Gate?
- Large lightweight bricks called 'breeze blocks' (also CMUs - concrete masonry units) were traditionally made/named from: Ash/cinders; Bones; Wood; or Broken crockery?
- The legal validation of a will is called: Probation; Propoganda; Probate; or Prolapse?
- Tera, Peta, Exa, Zetta, Yotta are: Star Wars characters; Metric prefixes; Earth-orbiting comets; or Carrot varieties?
quizballs 410 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes