quizballs 407 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 407 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes
- Flared trousers were originated in the early 1800s by: Sailors; Clergymen; Circus ring-masters; or Rat-catchers?
- The Hang Seng is Hong Kong's: Metro; Daily newspaper; Stock market index; or Dog show?
- Annealing a metal makes it: Melt; Softer; Vaporize/vapourise; or Convert into diamond?
- Shire, Arabian, Mustang, and Hackney are types of: Radish; Taxi; Religious cult; or Horse?
- The Soviet Union dissolution of 1991 created how many independent states: 5; 9; 15; or 35?
- A half divided by a sixth is: A third; A Ninth; A Twelfth; or Three?
- Where are found the Seas of Tranquility, Cleverness, Nectar, and Moisture: Human liver; Superman comics/films; The South Pole; or The Moon?
- Pitcairn Islands, home to several 1790 'Mutiny on the Bounty' mutineers, are in the Southern: Pacific; Mediterranean; Baltic; or Arctic?
- Spell the Japanese rice dish: Sushi; Souchi; ; Sueshy; or Soo shee?
- In a church a piscina is a: Choirboy's scarf; Basin; Altar cloth; or Medieval organ?
- Englishman Lancelot 'Capability' Brown, (1716-83) is a globally famous: Landscape/garden architect; Boxer; Genetic scientist; or IQ test developer?
- Blepharoplasty refers to a common cosmetic surgery on: Feet; Eyelids; Nose; or Stomach?
- Zephyr, Sirocco, Mistral, and Chinook are names of: Cars; Helicopters; Winds; or Chocolate bars?
- The most common material used in lightning protection is (What?) and its alloys: Copper; Silver; Gold; or Lead?
- Arrange in chronological order, oldest first, these architectural periods: Victorian, Gothic, Neolithic, Baroque?
- The Poaceae or Gramineae family of organisms is better known as: Dogs; Grasses; Fish; or People?
- Match these writers, nationalities, and books: Bram Stoker/Mary Shelley/William Blatty - American/Irish/English - The Exorcist/Dracula/Frankenstein?
- Match these islands to their capitals: Isle of Wight, Sri Lanka, Tasmania, Madagascar - Colombo, Antananarivo, Hobart, Newport?
- The City of London financial district is known traditionally as The Square: Field; Mile; Pound; or Barrel?
- Which two of these are not among the five North American Great Lakes: Superior, Eerie, Serpentine, Huron, Como, Ontario, Michigan?
quizballs 407 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes