quizballs 406 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 406 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes
- A staggered junction or golf hole (basically 'ahead-sideways-ahead') is called a '(What?)-Leg': Cat; Dog; Frog; or Broken?
- Formed 1950 and dissolved 1990, the Stasi was the secret police of: USSR (Soviet Union); East Germany; Australia; or Scotland?
- Sepals and Tepals are decorative protective elements of many old: Churches; Sailing ships; Rifles; or Flowers?
- The porbeagle is a: Vulture; Shark; Monkey; or Dog?
- What human organ makes four new words when prefixing Head, Diver, Flint and Tight?
- Aurizon, VicTrack, Brookfield and John Holland are/were major railway operators of: Canada; Australia; India; or USA?
- A plantar wart or myrmecia is better known as a: Beauty spot; Blood blister; Veruca; or Mole?
- The ancient pre-scientific system of classifying all universal matter as Water/Air/Fire/Earth/Aether is called the Classical: Constituents; Elements; Energies; or Isotopes?
- The famous USA electronics brand, alluding to its 1921 wireless origins, which collapsed in 2015 is: RadioShack; TunerRoom; TransistorHub; or AerialWarehouse?
- The Fountain of Neptune, Bologna, Italy, inspired which famous sports car logo: Ferrari; Lamborghini; Maserati; or Alfa Romeo?
- Pyongyang is the capital of which controversial nation?
- A popular old English idiom refers to a suspicious or dubious situation being: Snakey; Wormy; Fishy; or Spidery?
- What common typographical symbol's name is taken from Greek 'little star'?
- The iconic symbol of Kathmandu is in Nepal; Iraq; France; or the Lord of the Rings?
- Tinnitus is: Blood poisoning; Ringing in ears; Toothache; or Wrinkly skin?
- Hornblende is a composite: Country dance; Rock mineral; Cider-beer; or Leather hat?
- Haemophilia is the human tendency for prolonged: Eating; Sleeping; Bleeding; or Hair?
- A billhook is a traditional forestry tool which combines which two of these: Saw; Knife; Hammer; Axe; or Drill?
- Teutonic generally historically refers to people of which characteristic: Bearded; Strong; Germanic; or Indestructible?
- In the Russian alphabet and Cyrillic script the 'English' 3 symbol equates to: W; X; Y; or Z?
quizballs 406 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes