quizballs 404 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 404 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes
- The web 'error' code 404 means: Insufficient memory; Not found; Password required; or Broken mouse?
- A famous sports car named after Argentina's hot dusty North wind, is the: Corvette; Porsche; Zonda; or SLK?
- A ship/plane's side-to-side turning movement is called: Yaw; Mye; Hur; or Thair?
- On a QWERTY keyboard the backslash (\) shares the key with the: Colon; Asterisk; Hash; or Vertical bar?
- What metal has the lowest boiling point?
- What is half of three-eighths?
- What regal name is capital of Seychelles, and British Columbia (Canada), and is an Australian state?
- What area unit is an American football field, equal to 4840 sq yds, originally that a farmer and ox could plough in a day?
- Horology is the study of: Light; Time; Coincidence; or Fear?
- The still-used ancient unit of weight equating roughly to 0.065 gms or 65 milligrams is a: Seed; Petal; Grain; or Drip?
- The photocopying technology called Xerography is named from Greek 'xero' meaning: Wet; Dry; Hot; or Black-and-white?
- A zuchetto, from Italian zucca, pumpkin, rather like the Jewish kippah/yarmulke, is a: Crystal ball; Shooting star; Cleric's cap; or Camel cheese?
- The saying to have one's "head in the sand" (meaning deny a threat exists) refers to the mythical antics of the: Elephant; Ostrich; Snake; or Meerkat?
- The Wehrmacht refers historically to Germany's: Railway system; Royal palace; Armed forces; or Women?
- How many pints are in a quart: 1; 2; 3; or 4?
- The 404 telephone dialling area code belongs to: Atlanta (Georgia USA); London; The Moon; or Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry?
- Which organization launched the Mates condom brand in 1987: Virgin; Sky; Trump Industries; or The Vatican?
- The Azores are: West Pacific winds; South American tides; North Atlantic volcanic islands; or Sunburn blisters?
- Weimaraner ('vymaraana') pointer/gun dogs are typically distinctively: Spotted; Striped; Grey/gray; or Hairless?
- In Catholicism, match these skullcaps correctly: Pope, Cardinal, Bishop, Priest - Purple, White, Black, Red?
quizballs 404 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes