quizballs 403 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 403 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes
- Paper thickness is generally measured/shown as GSM (e.g., 80, 90, etc), standing for what?
- St Andrews, Cypress Point, Augusta, and Muirfield are famous: Australian beaches; Golf courses; Walking boots; or Fair Isle knitting patters?
- Butterfly, Trudgen, Back, Side, and Breast are: Cuts of beef; Swimming strokes; Heraldry designs; or Poodle haircuts?
- Referring to an Earthly feature, what is the only common word in the English language to begin with the letters FJ?
- Put these creatures in order of causing most human fatalities in modern years, most first: Sharks, Dogs, Mosquitoes, Humans?
- Which of these became extinct on Earth roughly 40,000 years ago: Dinosaurs; Woolly Mammoth; The Dodo; or Neanderthal Man?
- The dark volcanic plains of the Moon, once thought to be seas, are called: Sophia; Maria; Georgia; or Kylie?
- A hiatus is a: Pause; Climax; Inflammation; or Trapeze?
- The inventor/first trapeze artist (Paris 1859) who also originated the eponymously named clothing was Jules: Dungaree; Leotard; Tutu; or Nylon?
- The UK physical gesture and expression 'cock a snook' refers to the use of which three of these body parts: Tongue; Nose; Thumb; Ears; Fingers; Eyes; or Knees?
- Systolic and Diastolic refer to the measurement of what?
- Labyrinth, Broad-crested, Sharp-crested, Piano keys, and Compound are types of: Weirs; Stalactites and Stalagmites; Stairways and steps; or Men's suit designs?
- Shakespeare's romantic tragedy written c1598 is called 'Much Ado about (What?)': Something; Nothing; Everything; or Anything?
- The Anglicized-Latin court term 'in camera' means proceedings are: Recorded on film; Televised; In private; or Rehearsal only?
- Paramount and CBS Studios went to court in 2016 to enforce rights over what fictional language when the fan-funded Axanar company sought to produce a prequel to a popular 1966-founded franchise set originally in the 23rd century?
- 'Pulse fishing' - an increasingly common modern alternative to deep sea beam-trawling - uses: Sound waves; Electric shocks; Vibrating nets; or Flashing lights?
- Which wine is typically made from black grapes using the 'skin contact method': Red; Rosé; Champagne; or White?
- King Julian and Mort are which creatures in the film Madagascar: Lion and Zebra; Lemur and Bush baby; Bear and Wolf; or Whale and Worm?
- The Ape, genus Pongo, is generally spelled: Oran-Utan; Orangatan; Orangutan; or Orangetan?
- Which one of these is not a type of joint in the human body: Ball-and-socket; Dovetail; Pivot; Hinge; or Gliding?
quizballs 403 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes