quizballs 397 - general knowledge quiz - questions & answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs free quiz. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
Below are the quiz answers. Here are the quiz questions without answers.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 397 - free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Shazam is a globally popular phone app which recognizes and identifies: Barcodes; Music/Songs; Places/Routes; or Food? Music/Songs
- Zika disease, identified 1947 and epidemic in S America commencing 2015, is mainly transmitted by infected: Water; Mosquitoes; Coughing and sneezing; or Fruit? Mosquitoes
- Alphabet became in 2015 the holding company of which vast tech corporation? Google
- What term evolved c.2009-2014 from meaning simply 'relaxing' to a euphemism for sex: Virtual reality; Netflix and chill; TV and pizza; or Harry Potter and popcorn? Netflix and chill
- IHOP refers to which N American-based fast-food chain? International House of Pancakes
- What term, originally and still associated with bread, refers to products made in sets and computer files containing several instructions? Batch (a batch is originally a plain loaf, from old English bacan, to bake, which later referred to baking in volume)
- Which of one of these pairs are Arabic derived/inspired words for a high point and a low point: Zephyr & Nike; Nip & Tuck; Zenith & Nadir; or Boom & Bust? Zenith & Nadir
- Cryptically, what garden hut bulb means 'reveal a mystery', or 'provide an explanation'? Shed light
- Barbara Millicent Roberts (1959 - present) from Willows Wisconsin is better known as what iconic figure? Barbie (Barbie doll)
- First recorded late 1800s, the UK terms gongoozling/gongoozler refer to enjoyably watching: Soccer; Birds; Canal boats; or Paint dry? Canal boats
- According to DC Comics history, 'Nightwing' when younger was: Desperate Dan; Robin; Catwoman; or Bart Simpson? Robin (Batman's assistant, aka Dick Grayson)
- Which of these is not a famous computer operating system: Unix; Windows; Linux; or Glytch? Glytch
- In the history of the universe what term refers to immediately after the Big Bang: Inflation; Inflammation; Conflagration; or Mastication? Inflation
- Breitling, Fortis, Hublot and Longines are makers of: Sports cars; Kitchen knives; Watches; or Equine accessories? Watches
- Panhead, Shovelhead, Knucklehead and Flathead are types of: Harley Davidson motorbike engines; Ice-hockey playing positions; Bottom-feeding lake fish; or USA money slang? Harley Davidson motorbike engines
- What girl's name beginning with A was punningly chosen first when the UK decided in 2015 to 'name' its storms? Abigail (a big gale)
- Kola, Palm, Pecan and Betel are: African languages; Milking goat breeds; Nuts; or Smartphone operating systems? Nuts
- The fitness corporations Fitbit and Fitbug, subject of legal actions 2013-16, pioneered: Energy bars; Energy drinks; Wearable technology; or Performance drugs? Wearable technology (they argued over trademarks)
- Which one of these is not a cloud type: Altostratus; Cumulonimbus; Cirrostratus; or Fluphosoftus? Fluphosoftus
- Diacritical marks are symbols for guiding/indicating: Pronunciation; Student grades; Surgical procedures; or Road mending? Pronunciation (for example accents above letters - see diacritical marks)
quizballs 397 - free quiz questions only for