quizballs 395 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 395 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes
- What word is a flat-bottom boat, a football kick, a glassmaking tool, and a dented base of a wine bottle?
- Turkish Van, Chartreux, Scottish Fold and Ragdoll are types of: Malt Whiskies; Cats; Table-napkin folds; or National dances?
- What popular orange-coloured citrus fruit is surprisingly a hybrid of the pomelo (25%) and mandarin (75%)?
- From commencement in 1929 roughly how many Oscar awards will have been awarded in total up to 2017: 200; 400; 750; or 3000?
- On a Bounty Bar wrapper (or other confection), 'Zartherb' (German) and 'Puur' (Dutch) refer to what sort of chocolate: Milk; Plain/Dark; Organic or Aerated?
- Undiscovered for 100 years and published 2016, 'The Tale of Kitty-In-Boots' was written by: Shakespeare; Byron; Wordsworth; or Beatrix Potter?
- 2015 scientific research 'proved' whose powers would not have been physically/technically possible: Batman; Hulk; Spider-Man; or Superman?
- Put these countries in order of Northernmost first: Kenya, Chile, Syria?
- What is the sweet clear liquid by-product from soap manufacture, used in laxatives, explosives and antifreeze: Glycerine; Trinitrotoluene(TNT); Gelignite; or Semtex?
- At 2015 the biggest cause of death among UK men under 50 is: Road accidents; Cancer; Suicide; or Heart attack?
- Whose 'heroic' performance at the German Reichstag in 1987 is considered a catalyst for the fall of the Berlin Wall 1989/90?
- According to Greek fable, someone who uses something to prevent others doing so is a 'Dog in a (What?)': Toilet; Catsuit; Manger; or Dinner?
- The UK state-subsidised 'e-Voke' is a hi-tech reduced risk alternative for: Cigarettes; Alcohol; Condoms; or Smacking children?
- What is 75% of three-quarters expressed as a fraction?
- The US 1899-founded Gideons International organization is famous for distributing to 200 countries free: Clothes; Bibles; Milk; or Contraceptives?
- Angiosperm (from Greek 'angeion', bottle) is a major scientific classification of land plants which have seeds and: Flowers; Thorns; Aroma; or Green leaves?
- The abbreviation NPS (Novel Psychoactive Substance) refers informally to a: Legal High; Bitcoin; E-Book; or E-number?
- LNER Flying Scotsman, built in 1923, became in 1934 the first (What?) to attain 100mph: Jet plane; Hovercraft; Steam train; or Tricycle?
- Considered the oldest living land animal at 183yrs in 2016, on St Helena island, Sth Atlantic, Jonathan is a Seychelles Giant: Elephant; Crocodile; Tortoise; or Snail?
- Which three of these are not members of Disney's (Snow White) 'Seven Dwarfs': Happy, Smelly, Grumpy, Sleepy, Bashful, Wimpy, Doc, Sneezy, Dopey, or Greedy?
quizballs 395 - free quiz answers for