quizballs 393 - general knowledge quiz - questions & answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs free quiz. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
Below are the quiz answers. Here are the quiz questions without answers.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 393 - free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What creatures were first to live on land and fly: Insects; Birds; Bats; or Fish? Insects
- The human body's energy chemical is: Cortisone; Serotonin; Glucose; or Blood? Glucose
- A gable or gable wall of a house is usually defined by having a: Front door; Triangular upper face; Bay window; or No windows or doors? Triangular upper face (created by two roof ends - like the flat end of a prism shape)
- Tundra regions of the world are typically defined as having no: Animals; Trees; Water; or Shops? Trees (due to low temperatures and short growing seasons, hence found in Arctic and Antarctic areas)
- Who created the 1970s persona Thin White Duke, and subsequent brands Glass Spider and Tin Machine? David Bowie
- Grissini are Italian: Breadsticks; Baked beans; Beetroots; or Bananas? Breadsticks
- The Solanum Pseudocapsicum plant, called winter cherry and Jerusalem cherry, is noted for being very: Poisonous; Tasty; Prickly; or Luminous? Poisonous (part of the nightshade family)
- What was the Russian city of Stalingrad renamed in 1961, after Europe's longest river? Volgograd (= Volga City)
- Chinese Emperor Jing Di's 141BC tomb revealed in 2015 the early use of: Tea leaves; Whisky; Cigars; or Magic mushrooms? Tea leaves
- Who wrote/directed the movies The Hateful Eight and Inglourious Basterds? Quentin Tarantino
- The famous Ancient Roman marble statue 'Venus Callipyge' or 'Callipygian Venus' literally and artistically represents "Venus/Aphrodite of the beautiful...": Hair; Face; Eyes; or Buttocks? Buttocks
- What Anglicized-French word referring to prestige derives from the verb to press? Cachet
- What is three-eighths divided by a half: Three-quarters; Five-eighths; Five-sixteenths; or One-and-a-half? Three-quarters (or 0.75 - to divide a fraction by another fraction invert the second fraction and multiply, thus, 3/8 x 2/1 = 6/8 = 3/4)
- The motor theft crime abbreviated in the UK to TWOC (hence the slang verb 'twocking') stands for what? Taking Without Owner's Consent
- Best-selling Japanese author Marie Kondo refers to Japanese 'Tokimeku' ('spark joy' - literally palpitate) in the life-changing 'KonMari' method of: Hill-running; Cat-training; Decluttering; or Hedge-trimming? Decluttering (She is among Time Magazine's 100 most influential people of 2015)
- Besides humans, the most widely distributed mammals on Earth are: Dogs; Cats; Whales; or Hamsters? Whales (specifically most widely occurring are orcas/killer whales)
- Who controversially interviewed the on-the-run Mexican drug lord 'El Chapo' Guzman for Rolling Stone Magazine just before his 2015 capture: Sean Penn; Madonna; Oprah Winfrey; or Judi Dench? Sean Penn
- What sort of sea creatures are fulmars and petrels: Snails; Birds; Otters; or Fish? Birds (large 'tube-nosed' gull-type birds with prehistoric characteristics and lineage)
- The US Second Amendment (to the US Constitution) protects the rights of US citizens to: Decline to answer questions that could incriminate onself in a criminal case; Keep/bear arms (guns); Drink alcohol; or Drive a car/carriage on a highway? Keep/bear arms (guns)
- Vaquita porpoise 'maw', an illegally trafficked delicacy in Chinese cuisine, priced upwards of $10,000/kilo, is the creature's: Eyes; Tongue; Heart; or Swim bladder? Swim bladder
- Which three of these characteristics do not feature in a 'mullet' hairstyle: Long fringe; Short sides; Short Front; Long back; Greased and slicked back; or Combed-over a bald patch? Long fringe, Greased and slicked back, Combed-over a bald patch
quizballs 393 - free quiz questions only for