quizballs 392 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 392 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes
- The two essential ingredients of praline confectionery are: Alcohol, Nuts, Sugar, Fruit; or Air bubbles?
- In the year 2014 only ten baby boys in England and Wales were registered with the Christian name: Oliver; Jack; Noah; or Nigel?
- What is a ninth divided by a third?
- What is the English equivalent/interpretation of the Russian term, commonly abbreviated, 'Rochnoy Protivotankovy Granatomyot'?
- Which two of these do not share a land border with the Netherlands: France; Germany; Belgium; or Russia?
- When moving a cat to a new home, it is popularly and mythically believed that rubbing (What?) on its paws will stop it wandering away: Fish oil; Butter; Jam; or A freshly killed mouse?
- A dessicant is a hygroscopic substance used to produce (What?) in its vicinity: Dryness; Wetness; Sweetness; or Silence?
- Which three of these are not among the Moshi Monster characters: Diavlo, Luvli, Bonk, Katsuma, Poppet, Banana, Zommer, Furi, Spatula?
- A tealight (small cheap candle in a disposable cup which liquifies when burning) are so called because they were originally: Tea-pot warmers; Made of tea plant wax; Burned in Japanese tea ceremonies; or Tea-scented?
- The Ancient Egyptian mummy/afterlife figure Anubis is typically half-man and half-: Dog; Cow; Mouse; or Locust?
- Put these three in order of hottest first: Earth core, Sun surface, Nuclear-bomb explosion centre?
- Colours/colors are actually different: Light wavelengths; Temperatures; Textures; or Sounds?
- A postulant seeks qualification to practice in: Accountancy; Religion; History; or Mail/carrier services?
- Founded in 1966, the US company Vans originally and most famously makes: Ice-cream; Cigars; Footwear; or Cars?
- Roughly how many bubbles are in a standard bottle of champagne: 1,500; 50,000; 500,000; or 50million?
- A metaphor for a shortlist of candidates is: Horses and jockeys; Runners and riders; Gladiators and chariots; or Balloons and baskets?
- The US-originating paramilitary/police term SWAT stands for which four of these words: Special Situational Warning Weapons And Authority Tactics Task?
- New Year's Day (Gregorian international standard calendar) in the year 2017 is a: Thursday; Friday; Saturday; or Sunday?
- The modern disputed region of Kashmir is in which three of these nations: India; China; Pakistan; Vietnam; or Russia?
- What organization appointed Zinedine Zidane as its new boss in 2016? Microsoft; NATO; Real Madrid Football Club; or Vatican Online?
quizballs 392 - free quiz answers for