quizballs 388 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 388 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes
- What affectionate word is a Blackadder TV character and famous English sea rescue heroine?
- What discipline contains 'asanas' including names such as Half boat, Full boat, Tree, and Happy Baby?
- Genever is the old word for what alcoholic drink?
- The cube root of 343 is: 7; 9; 13; or 26?
- The Latin words bellum and bellus are similar because Ancient Romans saw (Which two concepts?) as highly noble: Love and Loss; War and Beauty; Nature and Science; or Incest and Marriage?
- The Almeria region, driest in Europe, used for filming many famous Cowboy/Western films, is in: Turkey; Spain; Cyprus; or Germany?
- French lawyer Jules Rimet (1873-1956) became the longest serving president (1921-54) of: Ford Motor Company; FIFA; NASA; or France?
- The Forth Road Bridge connects which major city to the 'Kingdom of Fife'?
- Kuala Lumpar Airport is which nation's main air terminal?
- In 2015 Kuala Lumpar Airport advertised unclaimed property (requiring collection in 14 days to avoid disposal) of three: Elephants; Van Gogh paintings; Human fingers; or Jumbo Jets?
- Which one of these is not a member of the same Mustelidae mammal family as the others: Marten; Wolverine; Otter; Mink; Badger; or Fox?
- A circle of 12.6 metres circumference has an area roughly how many square metres: 1.5; 2.8; 5.7 or 12.6?
- The American term 'sharecropper' refers to a: Stock market trader; Tenant farmer; Tax inspector; or Ice-hockey player?
- Ares, equating to the Roman god Mars, is the Greek god of: Love; Music and dance; War; or Chocolate?
- Lisa Gherardini (aka Lisa del Giocondo) is better known as the: Snow Queen; Barber of Seville; Cadbury's Flake model; or Mona Lisa?
- Annual global production (early 2000s) of rough diamonds is about: 9 kilos; 75 kilos; 500 kilos; or 26 tonnes/metric tons?
- Which controversial mogul/celebrity/politician demanded a ban on all Muslims entering the USA in 2015?
- English playwright Chrisopher Marlowe coined the phrase 'The face that launched a thousand ships' in his tragedy Doctor Faustus when referring to which mythical Greek figure?
- A disabling attack on a website known as a DDoS stands for a 'Distributed (What of What?)'?
- What legendary ruler visited King Solomon in the Bible, and became a metaphoric/ironic term for a female with delusions of grandeur?
quizballs 388 - free quiz answers for