quizballs 385 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 385 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes
- 'Semiotics' refers to: Weather systems; Evolution; Signs and symbols; or Cutting things in half?
- Spell the word meaning a plan/scheme: Strategem; Stratogem; Stratagem; or Stratigem?
- Named after the Yorkshire town where it was conceived in the 16th century, Penistone is a rough: Football game; Woollen cloth; Tea drink; or Guide to medieval marriage?
- In 2015 (What headwear?) was permitted on a USA driver's licence photo justified by (What religion?): Devil's horns/Satanism; Spock ears/Klingon; Darth Vader helmet/Jedi; or Colander/Pastafarian?
- A cezve is typically used for heating/processing: Acid rain; Turkish coffee; Surgical instruments; or Bubblegum?
- In chemistry what element is always present in an amalgam: Gold; Silver; Mercury; or Lead?
- The island name Barbados (in Portuguese - Spanish equivalent is los Barbados) refers to what physical characteristic of men, and likely of the original inhabitants?
- The sequence JFM - AMJ - JAS - (???) is completed by: MJS; JMF; OND; or ANT?
- Ghillie, Character, Tap, and Hi/High-top are types of: Newspaper layouts; Plumbing protocols; Footwear; or Computer animation programs?
- Zome, K'Nex, Erector Set, Lincoln Logs and Kre-O are/were major brands in which consumer product sector?
- Willy Loman is the lead character in Arthur Miller's famous 1949 play 'Death of a (What?)': Swan; Sea; King; or Salesman?
- The South American 'Feve Tonka' vanilla-like spice popularized in French cuisine is a: Tobacco derivative; Fish; Bean; or Llama gland?
- Author/entrepreneur Cynthia Payne (1933-2015) famously provided what personal service for men of status/authority in 1980s London: Tax avoidance; Stutter therapy/elocution; Hair transplants; or Brothel?
- Named after its town of origin, Marsala fortified wine originated on which island, the largest of its surrounding sea?
- What is a kick, a cut, a horse, and uninspiring journalist?
- The old Anglicized-French occupational word 'colporteur' was a distributor of: Cheese; Coal; Wine; or Bibles?
- The technique known as 'Beurre manié' is used in: Figure-skating; Cooking; Ice-sculpting; or Picture framing?
- The general exception to the tendency for most circular/track human activities (eg athletics) to be anti-clockwise is: Speed-skating; Motor racing; Cycling; or Ballroom dancing?
- Where certain religions divide the notion of heaven into parts there are generally: Three; Five; Seven; or Twelve?
- The informal terms 'ding meal' or 'ding dinner' refer to a: Traditional bell-shaped pot; Delivery doorbell; Microwave oven; or Servant/parent summoned by a bell?
quizballs 385 - free quiz answers for