quizballs 383 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 383 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes
- Spelter is an old/industrial term for what metal element, and alloys containing it, notably brass?
- Stapedius, Trapezius, Gluteus Maximus, Sartorius, and Subclavius are: Stellar constellations; Edible cacti; Roman gladiators; or Human muscles?
- The Khyber Pass connects which two of these nations: China; Afghanistan; Russia; Pakistan; Turkey?
- Bolas - the South American hunting weapon - comprises rope and: Spear/arrow; Poison; Balls/weights; or Honey?
- Chlorophyll/chlorophyl, critical for photosynthesis enabling plants to absorb energy from light, is a pigment of: Green; Red; White; or Blue?
- What food means metaphorically typical/ordinary/day-to-day, especially one's work: Pie and mash; Bread and butter; Peaches and cream; or Corn on the cob?
- The terms boobook, morepork and mopoke all refer onomatopoeically to a small Australasian: Flute; Owl; Fish; or Omelette?
- What is a flat-bottomed East-Asian boat and collectively objects considered old, useless, broken, etc?
- Activist/writer Elizabeth Magie conceived and patented what popular game concept in 1903 as a demonstration of the evils of corporate greed?
- "Como se llama usted?" is Spanish for what introductory question?
- Braeburn, Jazz, Gala, and Fuji are varieties of what?
- In 2015 a joint Turkish/Greek Cyrpiot campaign sought PDO (Protected Designation of Origin) for what national cheese?
- What element was removed from soft solders used to join metal parts/electrical connections, since c.2006?
- What restored Rome feature appeared in movie La Docle Vita and receives c.3,000 Euro coins every day?
- Brahmanism, or Vedism, is a religion emerging around 900BC in: India; France; Canada; or China?
- The size of the International Space Station orbiting Earth is similar to a: Landrover; Shipping container; Combine harvester; or Football Pitch?
- The 1927 animated character Oswald the Lucky Rabbit is considered the precurser to which more famous icon?
- What was subsequently added to a publicity photo of UK Prime Minister David Cameron by his team in Nov 2015: Blue sky; A lapel poppy; Shoes; or Chest hair?
- Kolkata Metro is what nation's famous first metro/underground railway network?
- London's black taxi-cab training is called 'The (What?)': Streets of London; Fair Fare; Knowledge; or Crash Course?
quizballs 383 - free quiz answers for