quizballs 381 - general knowledge quiz - questions & answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs free quiz. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
Below are the quiz answers. Here are the quiz questions without answers.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 381 - free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- 'Isolation' is a technical term referring to independent control of a body-part in: Neuro-surgery; Film animation; Dancing; or Robotics? Dancing
- Zarathustra, also called Zoroaster, is a Persian: Weather system; Prophet; Meat dish; or Cat? Prophet
- Caroline/Gothic, Humanist, Round, and Bastarda, are styles, called 'hands', in medieval: Clockmaking; Calligraphy; Poker; or Banana grading? Calligraphy (formal handwriting, before printing, which became fonts)
- 'The Red Vineyards Near Arles' is the only compositional work sold in his lifetime by: Banksy; Van Gogh; Mozart; or Frank Sinatra? Van Gogh
- The never-used internet top-level domain '.dd' was for which nation? East Germany (Deutsche Demokratische Republik)
- Do Not Forsake Me Oh My Darling and Rawhide are mid-1900s theme songs in what TV/movie genre: Musical; Romcom; Wild West/Cowboy; or Fashion? Wild West/Cowboy
- The predicted online connectivity of 50 billion smart gadgets by 2020 is called The Internet of: Life; Everything; Things; or Stuff? Things
- The rotator cuff is a tough sheath of tendons and ligaments which supports the human: Knee; Elbow; Shoulder; or Brain? Shoulder
- In business theory which one of these is not normally a 'profit lever': Selling price; Wastage/shrinkage; Time; Cost of sales; or Sales volume? Time
- The 'latte' coffee drink means in original Italian: Sugar; Milk; Mild; or Frothy? Milk
- ZrO2 is the formula for what diamond substitute? Zirconia
- In Australia and New Zealand a charity shop or thrift store is also known as a (What?) shop: Chance; Opportunity; Lucky; or Top? Opportunity
- What organization was revealed in Sep 2015 to have exposed itself to $billions in fines by cheating tests for nitrogen oxide emissions? VW (Volkswagen)
- The 600th anniversary of what iconic Anglo-French battle is on St Crispin's Day, 25 Oct 2015? Agincourt
- What dramatically fictionalised king actually ruled the Scots 1040-57? Macbeth
- In 2015 Nasa discovered on the surface of Mars: Flowing water; Trees; Footprints; or Diamonds the size of footballs? Flowing water
- The prefix zetta denotes a quantity of 10 to the power of: 2; 5; 6; or 21? 21
- What nation is home to the Zanu-PF poltical body? Zimbabwe
- What sports advantage/equalization term derives from an old process entailing money in a hat? Handicap (from 'hand in cap' - a method of establishing values/forfeits among two people and an umpire)
- What popular 20thC movie franchise predicted life and technology at 21 Oct 2015? Back to the Future
quizballs 381 - free quiz questions only for