quizballs 370 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 370 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What Eurasian winged-fruit maple tree is named after the Greek words sukon (fig) and moron (mulberry)?
- What Native American Apache Indian chief's name became an exclamation of exhilaration?
- What note is produced at the 5th fret of the 5th string (ie the 2nd lowest pitched) of a conventionally tuned guitar: A; B; C; or D?
- In physics, the motions of particles within matter is understood by (What?) theory: Kinetic; Atomic; Existential; or Chaos?
- Which old English King is associated with having burned cakes: William; Harold; Alfred; or Kevin?
- The old English tithe, was a tax taken for the church/clergy equating to a: Quarter; Tenth; Twentieth; or Three-Nineteenths?
- IPO - referring to the flotation of a company - stands for what?
- Strongly scented toilet water is named after which city of its origination?
- Le Coq Sportif is a famous French corporation/brand for: Fried chicken takeaway; Healthfoods; Sportswear/goods; or Erectile dysfunction?
- What word makes new words when prefixing: Rule, Projection, Guitar, Valve and Fastener?
- What's the Anglicized-Spanish plural noun referring to a particular male facial hair style?
- An opsimath is a person who begins to do what later in life: Have children; Study; Go bald; or Understand arithmetic?
- The literary/dramatic description 'redivivus' (emphasis on the 'div') refers to someone who comes back: Home; To life; To haunt; or Drunk?
- Neolithic refers to which age: Stone; Agricultural; Renaissance; or Industrial?
- Chrysanthemum means originally which two of these: Red; Blue; Gold; Flower; Star; or Sun?
- Olibanum is the medieval Latin alternative English word for which Biblical aromatic resin?
- Germination refers technically to: Contamination; Relevance/connection; Prussian empire building; or Seed/spore growth after dormancy?
- Spell the word: Spontenaity; Spontinaity; Spontoneity; Spontaneity?
- Poplin is a type of 18th-century-originating: Drug; Cotton fabric; Alcoholic drink; or Skin disease?
- Phylum porifera is the technical name for what organic cleaning device: Soap; Sponge; Tea towel; or Feather duster?
quizballs 370 - free quiz answers for