quizballs 366 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 366 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Which one of these is a chemical element: Water; Aluminium/aluminum; Brass; Bronze; Salt; or Vinegar?
- Breathe-Relax-Aim-Sight-Squeeze refers to the essential process for effective: Rifle-shooting; Insect photography; Hand-bucket cow milking; or Cake decorating?
- The splanchnocranium refers to the bones of which defining part of the human body?
- The grammatical term for a word which joins two independent clauses is a: Conjunction; Punctuation; Preposition; or Expletive?
- Mnemosyne (pronounced 'nemmoseeny') is the Greek goddess Mother of the Muses and also goddess of: Communication; Memory; Geometry; or Blasphemy?
- Trim and Balance refer to front/rear and left/right loading bias in: Hot-air ballooning; Sailing; HVG transportation; or Supermarket trolley testing?
- Camel spin, Mohawk turn, Twizzle and Walley jump are: BMX bike tricks; Ice figure-skating moves; British parliamentary procedure slang; or Children's books by JK Rowling under the pen-name of Elizabeth Queen?
- What is the traditional UK-English correct spelling in: "A driving (licence or license) is proof of being (licenced or licensed) to drive"?
- In maths, the single digits within every 'product' (answer) of which single number's 'times-table' (up to 10x) helpfully also add up to the number itself: 5; 7; 8; or 9? (ie the digits in the answers of this particular number's 'times-table' always add up to the number that is subject to the times-table)
- Which city, mythically founded by a twin saved by a she-wolf, was built on the seven hills, east of the River Tiber called Aventine, Caelian, Capitoline, Esquiline, Palatine, Quirinal and Viminal?
- Permian, Eocene, Silurian, and Pleistocine are: Apples; Geological periods; Dr Who monsters; or Code names for children's toy inventions?
- What expression meaning 'ok' or 'all well', and a David Bowie album, derives partly from Dutch 'honk' for home or base?
- Humus refers to the component in soil (earth) that is: Mineral salts; Water; Sand; or Decomposed organic matter?
- What travels at 299,792,458 metres per second: Light; Sound; Earth through space; or Human sneeze particles?
- Match these four (of the seven) ancient wonders of the world to their locations: Pyramids, Colossus, Hanging Gardens, Pharos Lighthouse - at/of - Babylon, Egypt, Alexandria, Rhodes?
- What informal term for a common type of pet derives from the name Margaret?
- Ionian, Dorian, Lydian, Mixolydian, and Aeolian are: Car tyre/tire profiles; Musical scales; Types of zip-fasteners; or Rapper Kanye West's children?
- Which religion has ten states of the mind including Neutrality, Rapture, Realization and Bodhisattva?
- Shi Go Roko ('she go rocko') is 'four five six' in: Russian; Japanese; Turkish; or Tolkien’s Middle-earth (Hobbit etc)?
- What is three-eights (3/8) divided by nine-elevenths (9/11)?
quizballs 366 - free quiz answers for