quizballs 362 - general knowledge quiz - questions & answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs free quiz. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
Below are the quiz answers. Here are the quiz questions without answers.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 362 - free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- In 2015 The Lancet published Canadian University research asserting that weak (What?) indicates cardio-vascular health risk: Eyesight; Urine flow; Self-discipline; or Handgrip? Handgrip
- The old legal term chattels refers to a person's entire tangible possessions except: Animals; Books; Freehold land; or Underwear? Freehold land
- Which pseudonymous artist's most valuable works include Kissing Coppers and Vandalised Phone Box? Banksy
- Hosni Mubarak was ousted as leader in 2011 from which nation? Egypt
- The process of becoming a (What?) begins with Aspirancy, then Postulancy and Novitiate: Accountant; Catholic nun; Sumo wrestler; or EU commissioner? Nun
- 'Pas de deux' in dressage and ballet equates to a what? Duet (or equivalent - i.e., two performers using the same steps, 'steps of two' in French)
- Launched 1999, Co-op owned, claimed to be the first ever full-service internet bank was: Grin; Wink; Smile; or Larf? Smile
- The mid-1900s slang term 'clip-joint' refers to a: Hairdressers; Extortionate bar/club; Cigar; or TV advert break? Extortionate bar/club (from old US slang to 'clip', defraud or cheat)
- Prosciutto is an Italian: Ice cream; Cheese; Sparkling wine; or Ham? Ham
- Wagner, Verdi, Bellini and Rossini are famous composers of particularly what type of music? Opera
- Englishman Eric Arthur Blair, who fought for the Spanish Workers' Party of Marxist Unification against Franco's forces in 1936 was later known by what famous pen-name? George Orwell (author of Animal Farm and Nineteen Eighty-Four)
- Fly, Birkenstock, Fitflop and Tiva are notable brands of what? Shoes (esp female sandals)
- American jazz musician Chet Baker was a virtuoso player of the: Guitar; Trumpet; Drums; or Harmonica? Trumpet
- Which multi-talented actor played Mr Burns and Derek Smalls? Harry Shearer (respectively in The Simpsons and Spinal Tap)
- Popular in Cyprus, Greece, Turkey and increasingly elsewhere, which unripened brined cheese can be fried due to its high melting-point? Halloumi
- Which large-flowered plant is named after Paeon/Paean, Greek god of medicine and healing? Peony
- If a square sheet of paper is folded diagonally in half, the resulting two sharp corners are each how many degrees? 45
- Who painted 'Women of Algiers', sold at auction for a record $160m in 2015? Picasso
- The old anglicized French word chatelaine refers to a woman in charge of a large: House; School; Company; or Dog? House
- What sea creature might be punned with an expression of agreement or authorization? Seal (of approval - which alludes to a wax seal pressed with an official's ring or stamp, on an important document)
quizballs 362 - free quiz questions only for