quizballs 356 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers (more quizballs quizzes)
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 356 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What modern term for the avoidance of discriminatory language/action first emerged to describe communist beliefs in the Russian Revolution in 1917?
- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross's famous 1969 personal change concept is called the Five Stages of: Man; Life; Joy; or Grief?
- 'bir iki üç dört beş altı yedi sekiz dokuz on' means (What?) in (Which major language?)?
- What Swahili word became the South African humanist philosophy popularised by Desmond Tutu in SA's post-apartheid Truth and Reconciliation Commission, and adopted widely elsewhere?
- What ancient instrument did Orpheus play to charm creatures, rivers, and Hades in the Underworld: Harp; Zither; Lyre; or Banjo?
- What pluralised food term and allusion to Hansel and Gretel refers to a website navigation feature?
- US mathematician Edward Lorenz's 1963 paper Deterministic Nonperiodic Flow referred to a seagull, which he subsequently changed to (What creature?), representing his chaos theory observation?
- What US popular culture magazine title, founded 1967 by Jann Wenner, was inspired by three so-named 1950s/60s musical sources?
- If a charge includes 20% added tax, the original tax-exclusive figure is calculated by multiplying the tax-inclusive total by: 0.6666; 0.75; 0.83333; or 80%?
- Which nation has the coastal state of Tabasco?
- Maltese physician Edward de Bono is noted for his pioneering work on: Childbirth; Heart Transplants; Lateral Thinking; or Escapology?
- The Latin zoological name 'Chaos chaos' is a: Monkey; Elephant; Bull; or Amoeba?
- What takes roughly 23 hours, 56 minutes, 4 seconds: The Moon's rotation; The Moon's orbit; The Sun's rotation; or Earth's rotation?
- A patten was a medieval version of what modern fashionwear?
- The first independent credit payment card, inspired in 1949 by a particular service, was called '(What?) Club International': Diners; Flyers; Golfers; or Barbers?
- Sergio Leone, Otto Preminger, Fritz Lang and Fred Zinnemann are famous 20thC: Chefs; Film directors; Racing drivers; or National leaders?
- What's the common technical term for the removal of a president from office, due to wrong-doing?
- Name the live video streaming app bought by Twitter for $100m in 2015?
- In the 1970s Kevin Donovan, aka Afrika Bambaataa, pioneered the development of: Hang-gliding; Volleyball; The Frisbee; or Hip-hop and Breakdancing?
- What process improvement method, pioneered by Motorola Corp in the 1980s, is named after a number and the Greek letter 's'?
quizballs 356 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes