quizballs 354 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 354 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- The word marmalade is from Portuguese 'marmelo', meaning: Sugar; Quince; Boil; or Breakfast?
- Commonly used in batteries, what is the lightest metal and least dense solid element?
- Reflected in the names of its holes and reputation, the famously scenic Augusta National Golf Course was previously a: Bird sanctuary; Lake; Cemetery; or Plant nursery?
- Minyan is a quorum of ten adult males required for public worship in: Sikhism; Judaism; Catholicism; or Buddhism?
- Name the fantasy flat world on which the 2015 posthumously published novel The Shepherd's Crown is set?
- What word commonly follows Plastic, Food, Saran, Glad and Cling in its geographical variations?
- In 1964, the first commoner featured on a British postage stamp was: Bobby Charlton; William Shakepeare; The Duke of Wellington; or Dennis the Menace?
- Australia's Liberal National, USA's Democratic, and Israel's Likud political parties are all traditionally branded what colour/color?
- A misanthrope specifically avoids/dislikes: Females; Males; Children; or People generally?
- The 1957 'Synchrocyclotron' near Geneva was the forerunner for what world's biggest machine, 'LHC' built 1998-2008?
- What is the fourth root of 16?
- Name the artist-owned music streaming service launched in 2015 by rapper Jay-Z?
- The traditional Turkish jelick or yelek, the derivation of an Anglicized French garment name is a: Glove; Waistcoat; Hat; or Sock?
- Flint, Match, Wheel, and Percussion were early mechanisms for what?
- 'Badi Bhabhi', meaning ‘eldest brother’s wife’, refers typically to the senior female in family groups common in: Italy; India; Russia; or the Game of Thrones?
- What 'definite article' pluralised term, refers to a sports affliction restricting/interrupting fine movements and ball release/striking, especially in golf putting?
- Whose emblem, representing a merger with DKW, Horch and Wanderer, was subject to an unsuccessful trademark action by the IOC in 1995?
- MIPS means what in computing speed?
- What sort of sports shoe is the Adidas Stan Smith: Soccer; Golf; Tennis; or Ten-Pin Bowling?
- Name the European cities whose airports are coded as: CPH, MUC, ZRH, and SPU?
quizballs 354 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes