quizballs 353 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 353 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Teriyaki is a Japanese: Martial art; Intelligence service; Cooking method; or Cartoon hero?
- In 2015 artist Oscar Santillan controversially removed and exhibited the top inch of: Buckingham Palace; Scafell Pike; The Eiffel Tower; or Donald Trump's hair?
- What dance/music/style name is thought derived from the Spanish word ('with the colour of flame') for the wading bird Phoenicopterus?
- A cairn, a traditional trail marker for walkers/explorers, of simple or grand design, is basically a: Shack; Pile of stones; Wooden cross; or Hanging lantern?
- Prince Charles' private letters to government ministers, made public by the UK Supreme Court in 2015, are known as the '(What?) memos', due to his handwriting style: Black spider; Blue tooth; Purple haze; or Green onions?
- Contralto refers to a singing voice/range equating to: Highest Male; Lowest Male; Highest Female; or Lowest Female?
- Name Warren Buffett's investment corporation, which he bought in 1964, ostensibly to sack its boss who had made him angry?
- The areca nut (often with betel leaf), a popular stimulant in Asia, is traditionally prepared for: Chewing; Smoking; Drinking; or Sniffing?
- 'Ol' Blue Eyes' is the nickname of: Lord Byron; Frank Sinatra; Al Capone; or Napoleon Bonaparte?
- The Italian word 'scuderia' typically referring to a motor racing team, eg Scuderia Ferrari, means: Stable; Able; Fable; or Label?
- The ball-shaped roots of a more popular salad vegetable, Bergers White Ball, Ibis, Kojak, and Snow White are what?
- Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Chad, Niger, Mali and Ethiopia are the largest nations in the world without a: Railway system; Coastline; Poisonous snake; or National currency?
- What is the correct order of this essential rule for aircraft pilots: Communicate, Aviate, Navigate?
- The eponymous cannabis brand launched in 2015 by a famous country music singer is: Willie's Reserve; Garth's Ganja; Dollydope; or Shaniah's Shtash?
- Created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger, who first appeared in Detective Comics No27 in May 1939?
- What is the area of an isosceles right-angled triangle whose short sides are 2 metres each?
- The modern lifestyle acronym MAMIL, which relates to the growth in fitness products and especially cycling, stands for what?
- Susy, a portmanteau abbreviation for a fundamental yet increasingly elusive particle physics theory is in full 'Super (What?)': System; Symmetry; Sympathy; or Syllabub?
- The Ryman Auditorium (also called the Union Gospel Tabernacle) is the home of what major music institution?
- The position of the Arctic Circle was/is determined by: Sea ice; Sun visibility; Temperature; or Unclaimed territory?
quizballs 353 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes