quizballs 349 - general knowledge quiz - questions & answers
free general knowledge quiz questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs free quiz. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
Below are the quiz answers. Here are the quiz questions without answers.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 349 - free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What was originally called 'wireless telegraphy': Television; Video; Radio; or Telephone? Radio
- What internet mechanism is named from a popular US confection, thought originated by Chinese Californians? Cookie (alluding to the message-carrying fortune cookies)
- What military term for a multiple gun discharge referred originally in Latin/Italian to being out of danger or safe? Salvo
- What's the largest capital city without a river, and also the oldest capital of its continent? Mexico City
- The strongest known biological material was identified by scientists (2015) in the teeth of a: Lion; Rat; Locust; or Limpet? Limpet
- What hyphenated surname was adopted for members of British Queen Elizabeth II's family? Mountbatten-Windsor
- Titan is the project codename for Apple's development: iCar; iWatch; iSpecs; or iSexmachine? iCar
- What's the cube root of 27,000? 30
- Name the two long-serving British MPs and past senior ministers caught in a 2015 TV/press sting offering payment for political services from a hoax Chinese company? Jack Straw and Malcolm Rifkind
- Who became the fastest-selling Playmobil toy figure, to commemorate the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation in 2017: Joan of Arc; Thomas More; ; Martin Luther; or Dalai Lama? Martin Luther
- Spell the word: Presumptious; Presumtuous; Presumtious; or Presumptuous? Presumptuous
- What technical term, prefixed with 'extraordinary/irregular', refers euphemistically to the abduction/transfer of a person by one nation to another? Rendition
- In 1895 German company Bayer created what genericized trademark for a diacetylmorphine cough suppressant, alluding to the Greek god/goddess of bravery and self-sacrifice? Heroin
- Put these elements in order of heaviest (most dense) first: Sodium, Hydrogen, Lead, Gold, Oxygen? Gold, Lead, Sodium, Oxygen, Hydrogen
- In 2015 the World Health Organization made 'single-use' mandatory for what (by 2020 worldwide): Syringes; Nit combs; Canteen cutlery; or Bed-sheets? Syringes
- The flags of Japan, Argentina, Uruguay, Greenland and Bangladesh share what common feature? Sun
- Which country in 2001 became the first to decriminalize recreational drug use: Mexico; Portugal; Netherlands; or China? Portugal
- Circumvallate papilla, fungiform papilla, and foliate papilla are commonly called: Toes; Fingernails; Taste buds; or Eyelashes? Taste buds
- Who was Miss World 1976, and her iconic musician/peace activist boyfriend (two answers required)? Cindy Breakespeare and Bob Marley
- Match these mathematical terms according to the calculation and result: (Calculations) Addition, Subtraction, Division, Multiplication: (Results) Product, Quotient, Sum, Difference? Addition/Sum; Subtraction/Difference; Division/Quotient; Multiplication/Product
quizballs 349 - free general knowledge quiz questions only for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes