quizballs 347 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 347 - free general knowledge quiz questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- What common product is named from Greek 'rock oil'?
- What tennis score is called a 'triple-bagel'?
- Which common element has the highest melting point of all elements?
- Name the joint US/Europe orbiting telescope launched in 1990?
- Name the dwarf plant, bigger than Pluto, discovered in the Solar System in 2005?
- The colour/color dun is a shade of: Pink; Green; Brown; or Purple?
- Which famous vehicle has used licence plates SCV 00919 and SCV 1 (through to SCV 9)?
- Oleic acid is in: Volcanic ash/steam; Car Batteries; Animal/vegetable fats; or Snow?
- Pure water is what number in the pH acidity scale?
- The Gini coefficient (or index or ratio), devised by Italian statistician and sociologist Corrado Gini in 1912, is a common measure of: Age distribution; Wealth inequality; Mental health; or Alcohol consumption?
- Flint, the rock type, is believed formed from sea (What?): Sponges; Snails; Weed; or Salt?
- What fundamental physics term derives from Greek 'not cut' (a temnein)?
- Since ancient times what was considered the 'fifth element' after earth, fire, water, air, and also called quintessence?
- Geococcyx, a ground cuckoo of southern US and Mexico, is the basis of which popular cartoon, its common name?
- In physics/maths, density is defined as mass divided by: Volume; Weight; Energy; or Hardness?
- John Ambrose (Who?) devised his eponymous 'left/right hand rules' to deduce motion/current direction in electric motors/generators?
- In mechanical physics, which of these is not among the six basic types of machines: Lever, Wheel-and-axle, Pulley, Vacuum, Inclined plane, Wedge, Screw?
- Pernio (or perniosis), a human medical condition caused by exposure to cold and humidity, is commonly known as what?
- What marketing term derives from the centuries-old practice of burning an owner's mark on a beast?
- The UK Women's Institutes (WI) organization was founded in 1915 in: London; Manchester; Oxford; or Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch?