quizballs 346 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 346 - free general knowledge quiz questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Which famous pottery city is a (1910) merger of its original town and the adjacent Tunstall, Burslem, Hanley, Fenton and Longton?
- Reggae evolved from what three-letter Jamaican music genre?
- Stratigraphy is a branch of: Biology; Geology; Chemistry; or Demography?
- Vermicular refers to patterns or movements like: Clouds; Worms; Fish; or Wheels?
- Febrile refers to what human condition: Fevered; Weak; Senile; or Brittle-boned?
- The inclusion of 'C/O' or 'C O' in a postal address means what?
- Who painted the world's most expensive painting, the post-impressionist 1892 Nafea Faa Ipoipo (When will you marry), auctioned for c.$300m in 2015: Guagin; Warhol; Turner; or Dali?
- Which nation, a member of the EU until 1985, has a flag of a red/white sun on a white/red background?
- The word 'fabulous' originally referred to something: Gold; Foreign; Skilfully made; or Mythical?
- What word makes five new words when prefixing: Print, Nail, Ring, Plate, and Tip?
- Hypoglycaema is a deficiency of what in humans?
- Led by Ethan Allen, The Green Mountain Boys, c.1764-1776, established which US state, defeating the British provinces New York and New Hampshire: California; Vermont; Texas; or Florida?
- Amitabh Bachchan is a famous Indian: Architect; Philosopher; Squash player; or Film star?
- Who, more known for detective stories, popularized the term 'The Lost World' in his 1912 book of that name?
- The traditional western military salute derives from an older gesture of: Hat removal; Shielding the eyes; Waving hello/goodbye; or Shaking hands?
- What metabolic disorder takes its name from Greek 'siphon', referring to excessive urine production?
- What is the short metonymic name of the chief usher of the Lord Chamberlain's department of the UK House of Lords?
- Pakistan shares India's (What?) border : SW; NW; NE; or SE?
- State the recall aim of the mathematical mnemonic "How I wish I could recollect (what?) easily today" ?