quizballs 344 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 344 - free general knowledge quiz questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Monsieur Rapide (French), Don Ocupado (Spanish), Meneertje Druk (Dutch), Unser Herr Schnell (German), and Bay Hýzlý (Turkish) are international versions of which character, from a children's book series?
- What food can be a wheel and contain eyes or veins?
- How many different ways can six 8-stud Lego bricks be combined: 15; 863; 9,222; or Over 900 million?
- 'Cut-and-Come-Again' is an informal term in: Horticulture; Barbering; Tailoring; or Film-making?
- Mount Vesuvius and the ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum, destroyed by its eruption in 79AD, are nearby which major modern city?
- Electrum and Doré bullion are alloys of which two metals?
- Strumming the open strings of a standard-tuned guitar produces the chord: C; G6; Dmajor7th; or Eminor7th(add11)?
- Fowler's Vacola, Kilner, Mason, and Weck are brands/designs of what?
- Menchie's is a popular US international chain founded to supply what frozen product?
- The 'river herring' fish, or genus Alosa, which lives in sea and spawns in rivers, is popularly known as a: Fad; Shad; Lad; or Glad?
- ISO 9407 Mondopoint, Brannock, and Paris Point are systems for sizing: Pencils; Shoes; Horses; or Wigs?
- What term derived from French 'on equal terms' is a popular domestic job?
- Walt Disney unsuccessfully asked The Beatles to provide which creatures' voices in a famous 1967 film?
- The famous Hallé symphony orchestra was founded and is based in which city: Berlin; Paris; Vienna; or Manchester?
- 'Tam o' Shanter' in Scottish poet Robert Burns' 1790 poem of that name is a: Village; Farmer; Sword; or Soup?
- The US-English spelling of 'celiac' (disease, of gluten allergy) is spelled how in earlier UK-English?
- Known as a 'jumper dress' in US-English what garment is named originally from its being attached to the front of a dress?
- Name the Soviet Russian orbiting space station, continuously occupied 1989-99 until its replacement by the International Space Station?
- Pinchbeck, a 1700s alloy of copper and zinc, was a popular alternative for: Lead; Gold; Snuff; or Baking foil?
- Originating in the 2nd World War aftermath, name the five member nations of the enduring and powerful 'Five Eyes' ('FVEY') intelligence alliance?