quizballs 342 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 342 - free general knowledge quiz questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- 12 inches or a foot equates to roughly how many centimetres: 16; 23.5; 30.5; or 40?
- What drink takes its name from 'uisce/uisge', and is also called uisge beatha (water of life)?
- Which 1900s time-travel movie franchise correctly predicted automatic self-tightening shoes for 2015?
- What did Russian authorities list as an impairment to safe driving in 2014/15: Spectacles/contact lenses; Chewing gum, Vaping (e-cigarettes); or Transgender/Transexuality?
- A calorimeter measures: Gas; Light; Heat; or Fat?
- What US city is originally associated with Dixieland (jazz)?
- Sugar, cotton, corn, coffee, and other grown produce are known in commodity trading as: Organics; Softs; Hards; or Foods?
- What word makes five new words when prefixing: man, post, nail, bell, and stop?
- What 'seasonal-mood' name was given to the western social phenomenon of mid-1967, sparked by the vast gathering of young people in Haight-Ashbury, San Francisco?
- 15 June 2015 is the 8th centenary of what seminal governance and human rights instrument?
- From Greek for wing and lizard, what name was given to a flying reptile of the Jurassic/Cretaceous periods?
- The mid-1900s western political fear of communism's potential to spread nation-to-nation is called the '(What?) Theory': Lego; Jenga; Domino; or Chinese Chequers?
- The sepals or calyx of a plant initially surround and generally give way to the: Petals; Leaves; Stem; or Roots?
- The term domicile refers most accurately to a person's country of: Birth; Ancestry; Current presence; or Permanent home?
- Alnwick Castle, Northumberland UK, featured in a popular movie franchise as which institution?
- What is the intense culinary characteristic of the piri piri: Heat; Sweet; Salt; or Sour?
- Considered the UK's oldest still operating manufacturing company, established in 1570, what does the Whitechapel Foundry make?
- What unoffically reintroduced UK species generated demands for culling in the 2010s due to damage/control problems: Reindeer; Wolf; Wild boar; or Meerkat?
- What feature of tailored clothing has variations described as bound, plain and keyhole?
- What's the more common name for a megagram (Mg): Tonne; Kilogram; Stone; or Pound?