quizballs 335 - general knowledge quiz - questions & answers
free general knowledge quiz questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs free quiz. Quizballs provides free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
Below are the quiz answers. Here are the quiz questions without answers.
Spelling note: Some UK-English and US-English spellings may vary, notably words ending in our/or, and ise/ize. Where appropriate please change the spellings to suit your local situation.
Corrections to quizzes are shown on the Quizballs index page - see Quizballs corrections.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 335 - free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
- Granulated sugar is processed into 'icing' sugar basically by: Baking it; Grinding it finer; Adding more sugar; or Adding salt? Grinding it finer
- Roald Dahl's children's novel Esio Trot features which creature? Tortoise
- What famous Australian product did Cyril Callister devise in Melbourne, in 1922, partly in response to war-related shortages of the British version? Vegemite
- Spell the Russian writer and Soviet dissident, Aleksandr: Soljornitson; Soldiernitsan; Solziarnitsen; or Solzhenitsyn? Solzhenitsyn
- From the Latin meaning of clip/cut, what hairstyle symbolizes religious devotion? Tonsure
- Lebkuchen is a German: Soup; Gingerbread; Sausage; or Cabbage? Gingerbread (popular at Christmas)
- A cogwheel icon typically represents what on many websites/apps: Settings; Wi-fi; Print; or Save? Settings
- Leo Tolstoy's book War and Peace concerns the 1812 invasion of Russia by: France; Germany; China; or USA? France (specifically the army of Napoleon Bonaparte)
- What is the general term for the form of physics concerned with sub-atomic particles, atoms, molecules, and their radiation? Quantum physics
- Which whole number is the cube root of 2197? 13
- Which Japanese corporation produced the first compact electronic calculator, released in 1957? Casio
- Which fictional small people, in a famous 1939 film and prior LF Baum book series, became in 2007 the largest group represented by a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame? The Munchkins (the c.134 actors from the Wizard of Oz film)
- Ethanol (drinking alcohol) is a byproduct of the metabolic process of which two naturally occurring substances? Yeast and Sugar
- The butternut squash/pumpkin grows directly on a: Vine; Bush; Root; or Tree? Vine
- The medieval profession called a 'bard' equates nowadays to a what? Poet (or minstrel, or equivalent term)
- Name Captain Flint's quartermaster in the novel Treasure Island? Long John Silver (Silver was cook on the Hispaniola, which sailed to Treasure Island in search of the treasure, and was previously quartermaster on the Walrus, captained by Flint, who buried the treasure)
- In Italy/Italian a 'Cicisbeo' is a married woman's: Husband; First-born; Lapdog; or Male lover/companion? Male lover/companion
- An unconventionally creative idea is called: Bottom-up; Top-down; Left-field; or Right-angle? Left-field
- In which country is the Bay of Pigs? Cuba
- "I used to work at a perfume factory but was (what pun meaning 'dismissed')"? Sent packing
quizballs 335 - free quiz questions only for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes